Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

Nice reference!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vladan
    With left hand you plug the cable, with right you turn up gain, with right foot you step on Fuzz Box.
    Or you can get a Sonuus G2M guitar midi converter and play sax sounds from a midi keyboard. It is cheesy but good fun. It is monophonic but you don't need a special pickup. Less than one hundred bucks.

User Info Menu

Fuzz tones were cool in the right hands

Say Keith Richards on" Satisfaction" or
    Beck on "Over Under Sideways Down " but that was long long ago....

Time to break some new ground maybe ?

And Fuzz and high gain doesn't really sound like Sax anyway...

User Info Menu

You mean it's not enough the sound to be sustained, piercing, buzzing, annoying ... Is there really something more to the sound of sax?

I can't imagine what would happen if suddenly Jazz guitarists would start wishing to sound like clarinet.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vladan
    You mean it's not enough the sound to be sustained, piercing, buzzing, annoying ... Is there really something more to the sound of sax?

I can't imagine what would happen if suddenly Jazz guitarists would start wishing to sound like clarinet.
    Lol.
    I come from Rock and R&B and when I hear a *great Jazz Guitar Player- I rarely
    wish they would sound like something else.
    *or a good Jazz Player playing great- which happens a lot more than the Players themselves realize....

I am starting to do this ( vertical, rhythmic soloing and sheets of sound stuff) on Guitar now over Modern R&B /Fusion stuff- the question is -this late in the Game...will anyone care?

Here's a Song that Youtube threw me:
    I don't like the Tune except Benny Goodman starts playing Blues over the changes ( Rhythm Changes ?) and Benson is unbelievable especially at Solo Climax while he is doing Sheets of Sound type stuff staying in Rhythm with an early Rock and Roll Charlie Christian type Tone ( not exactly but...).
    A tiny bit of overdrive from the Amp with Benson's ridiculously good right hand.

Benson is eloquently shredding as only he can and still does not step on Goodman's toes as they both Solo simultaneously.

I definitely don't want Benson to sound like a Sax- but love when he plays Sax like lines..probably the best single line Jazz Player of all time...and the most Rhythmic for " drive".
    Last edited by Robertkoa; 05-20-2016 at 10:49 AM.