The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whiskey02
    Maybe you'll get a gig with Esperanza Spaulding! You've been playing with Mingus clones lol?
    I don't know if his wife would like that. Who would want to hear Esperanza raving and gushing about their husband like she did with Wayne Shorter. You might be getting Henry in trouble.
    Last edited by AlsoRan; 12-07-2015 at 01:47 PM. Reason: changed "Frank" to "Wayne" - Senior Moment

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I've listened to clips of Henry playing, he can handle any situation he's faced with.

User Info Menu

I look all around...including at my guitar if something tells me I should. My eyes also close from time to time, I hear better then.

User Info Menu

It depends on how well I know the song and how difficult the song is. Also how many position changes are going on? Jumping chords from the 3rd fret to the 12th for example vs. staying in one position.

Really some good replies here like the Benson quote

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by henryrobinett
    On gigs sometimes I look at the audience or the piano player or the drummer. Never the bass player for some reason. I try not to close my eyes but I do. In the gig I don't think I ever look at my fingers.
    Most bass players are folks I really wouldn't want to be looking at when I'm playing either ;-)

User Info Menu

I look sometimes. If I'm reading usually not but a glace occasionally.