The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The Martin is gone and the first of two moderately priced archtops has arrived. I just thought this would feel a lot more at home for me (and so far I'm really pleased). Here's a short recording I did with it this morning recording direct with no amp. It probably needs a bit more signal but I'll figure that out over the next few days.

BTW, I was definitely NOT looking for two archtops but the day after this one shipped, something showed up on the For Sale forum here that I just was unable to resist. More on that in a few weeks when it comes home from the US with my wonderful wife.

Another BTW, this Ibanez is a shockingly pretty guitar for the money. I'll post some photos later.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Yes, those low priced south-east built Ibanez guitars are a bang for the buck. Ok, some need a correct set up, and for all it is recommended to install better pickups. But done this, they are valid instruments.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bluenote61
    Yes, those low priced south-east built Ibanez guitars are a bang for the buck. Ok, some need a correct set up, and for all it is recommended to install better pickups. But done this, they are valid instruments.
    All I did with this guitar was lower the neck pickup a bit and tune the strings down a step to make it easier for me to play. Other than that I haven't even taken the tags off or removed the little foam strip from under the bridge.

User Info Menu

That's funny. I bought a 2006 AF86 in January (it's a predecessor of your AF95) that still had the foam strip under the bridge! As noted in this thread it was in serious need of a proper setup but it's a keeper for me. Beautifully built and finished.