The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 25 of 25

User Info Menu

The next batch….

Mark Campellone the Archtop building machine-img_0490-jpegMark Campellone the Archtop building machine-img_0491-jpegMark Campellone the Archtop building machine-img_0492-jpegMark Campellone the Archtop building machine-img_0493-jpeg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Thanks for starting this thread Vinny! I'm following it with great interest as I am fortunate to have a build slot in this batch

- AC

User Info Menu

Ooo, looks like a thinline in there.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Ooo, looks like a thinline in there.
    Good eyes, Woody - one 16" thin-line (Deluxe) - others are 16" Special, 16"Standard (rosewood parts), 17" Standard (custom w/block position markers), 17" Deluxe and 17" Cameo.

User Info Menu

Ahh the sweet smell of organised production.

Thumbs up!

WOW- A Cameo every batch these days. I wonder why.

Mark Campellone the Archtop building machine-img_0517-jpgMark Campellone the Archtop building machine-img_0516-jpgMark Campellone the Archtop building machine-img_0519-jpgMark Campellone the Archtop building machine-img_0515-jpgMark Campellone the Archtop building machine-img_0513-jpgMark Campellone the Archtop building machine-img_0520-jpgMark Campellone the Archtop building machine-img_0512-jpgMark Campellone the Archtop building machine-img_0508-jpg

User Info Menu

Out of curiosity Vinny, how is the acoustic sound of your Cameo? Can it complete volume-wise with the rhythm cannons of old? My Deluxe with a set-in pickup still has a strong acoustic voice, but not THAT strong.

I'm in the market for a nice, loud acoustic archtop with a slim neck and I'm wondering if I should just wait the couple of years until my spot in the Campellone queue comes up.

User Info Menu

Total respect for Mark Campellone. Especially not charging exorbitant prices for excellent quality work! Sure hope you keep building as long as possible Mark!

Quote Originally Posted by andrew
    Out of curiosity Vinny, how is the acoustic sound of your Cameo? Can it complete volume-wise with the rhythm cannons of old? My Deluxe with a set-in pickup still has a strong acoustic voice, but not THAT strong.

I'm in the market for a nice, loud acoustic archtop with a slim neck and I'm wondering if I should just wait the couple of years until my spot in the Campellone queue comes up.
    It is loud. I rarely plug it in at home even with the fact that I use TI flats.
    I currently have bronze Dogal V24 flats on it with a wound B. Sounds great.
    I had Mark carve mine with a thicker top as I like a darker tone.
    I suspect with a thin top it would be a real cannon.

User Info Menu

Vin, I cant imagine a better choice of color.
    Your Cameo is truly a magnificent guitar. Mark, I especially enjoyed seeing the featherboard type jigs you use for the headstock bindings. Every time I get to enjoy a pictorial of your builds, I realize why your guitars come out consistently brilliant.
    JD

User Info Menu

I told Mark my Special would go unplugged, fully acoustic 95% of the time, and it is a loud and glorious thing It has round 12s on it and its probably going to stay like that. It's even louder than my Emerald, which always struck me as loud for an acoustic.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone
    Good eyes, Woody - one 16" thin-line (Deluxe) - others are 16" Special, 16"Standard (rosewood parts), 17" Standard (custom w/block position markers), 17" Deluxe and 17" Cameo.
    It looks like the 17's are on the bottom, correct? The 17 in the center also looks slightly thinner? Or is that just a camera illusion?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    It looks like the 17's are on the bottom, correct? The 17 in the center also looks slightly thinner? Or is that just a camera illusion?
    Right - 17's on the bottom shelf - all with 3" rim - the only thin-line is the one 16".

User Info Menu

Excited to see that thin line.

I just figured it out.....I need a thin line double cut with two humbuckers and a tune-o-matic bridge up on a fixed ebony block with a bigsby out back capped with a cameo headstock and those inlays on that left hand fingerboard as shown in the group above in post #1 and as much other gold hardware as you can slather that baby with. I can't afford it, but I can dream and the dream sure sounds good right now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DawgBone
    Excited to see that thin line. I just figured it out.....I need a thin line double cut with two humbuckers and a tune-o-matic bridge up on a fixed ebony block with a bigsby out back capped with a cameo headstock and those inlays on that left hand fingerboard as shown in the group above in post #1 and as much other gold hardware as you can slather that baby with. I can't afford it, but I can dream and the dream sure sounds good right now.
    A variation on this ... I'm sure Mark can accommodate your needs.
    Attached Images Attached Images Mark Campellone the Archtop building machine-8-1-jpg 

Blessed. Mr.Campellone placed me on his list today. I have wanted a Campellone Deluxe since the mid-late 1990’s. HooRahh.

Progress

Mark Campellone the Archtop building machine-img_0445-jpegMark Campellone the Archtop building machine-img_0444-jpegMark Campellone the Archtop building machine-img_0443-jpeg

User Info Menu

Nice variety in there, so far! Subscribed!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone View Post
    A variation on this ... I'm sure Mark can accommodate your needs.
    If I could afford another, this would be very tempting!

More progress on the Mark train

Mark Campellone the Archtop building machine-img_0448-jpegMark Campellone the Archtop building machine-img_0449-jpegMark Campellone the Archtop building machine-img_0450-jpegMark Campellone the Archtop building machine-img_0452-jpeg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Enlightened Rogue View Post
    Blessed. Mr.Campellone placed me on his list today. I have wanted a Campellone Deluxe since the mid-late 1990’s. HooRahh.
    That's awesome! Is his waitlist open? I was looking into getting one a year or so back but he wasn't taking orders (although there was a build spot through the Music Emporium but I only wanted to deal with him directly). Super kind to let me visit the shop and walk me through.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jmbmusic View Post
    That's awesome! Is his waitlist open? I was looking into getting one a year or so back but he wasn't taking orders (although there was a build spot through the Music Emporium but I only wanted to deal with him directly). Super kind to let me visit the shop and walk me through.
    IIRC, you can order through The Music Emporium and still deal with him directly.

User Info Menu

It’s always worth the call. Folks do drop off the list for a myriad of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregc57 View Post
    It’s always worth the call. Folks do drop off the list for a myriad of reasons.
    Correct

Mark is a workaholic, but he will be 70 in August and Father Time takes no prisoners.
    He is very customer committed and hates falling behind schedule but......
    He told me recently that he wants to start building guitar designs that he wants to build.
    I think if you are a younger player a Campellone is a very wise investment.
    In 20 years they will be the new D'Aquisto value wise.
    Even when he retires, they will go way up in price in the used market. Look at the price of a used 175 now that they are no longer made. A great guitar and solid investment IMO.