The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 51 to 75 of 95

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Enlightened Rogue View Post
    Is that a vintage Fender CS Jeff Beck Stratocaster in aqua? With the big “baseball bat” neck, LSR tuners and rolling nut? Definitely a good strat that flies under most radars.
    American Standard Stratocaster Plus (John Cruz left his name inside)
    Bahama Green (very rare, only about two dozen were shot that color)
    Ordinary neck, Sperzel locking tuners, Wilkinson roller nut (enclosed)
    Original Lace Sensors (later called Gold when other versions arrived)

Very early Strat Plus, I ordered from Fender though the dealership before they arrived in the store, so unplayed and sight unseen. Fender called the dealer to notify it had shipped and mentioned it would be a color they only shot for 10 days. Thirty six years on it's still my one and only, over 12k hours of stage performance, no failures, no remaining finish on the back of the neck.

Show Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-4-jpg

Show Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-plusadd1989-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

That is a pretty red. Looks like a glass of fine wine. Tasty.

Appreciate it, thank you!

User Info Menu

2019 Collings I35 LC 60's neck. Perfect guitar for me. The only reason I'm selling a FCS Tele and a Fender D'Aquisto Elite. Anyone interested in either or a package deal?? Inquire within

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone View Post
    There are several I love, in fact, I don't have a guitar I don't love. But most of the time I reach, entirely predictably, for my 2015 VOS1959 ES175.
    Attachment 111985

Other times, and about as often, it's the 2015 Gibson L5ces.
    Attachment 111986
    These two instruments are way more guitar than I deserve.
    Beautiful- thats the alpha and omega of jazz guitar right there

User Info Menu

Show Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-collings-soco-deluxe-jpg

Collings SoCo Deluxe. I just moved across the country, this one is out of the box.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ob Com View Post
    Beautiful- thats the alpha and omega of jazz guitar right there
    Seriously. The only thing I lack is... talent...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone View Post
    Seriously. The only thing I lack is... talent...
    Talent is overrated, enjoyment is more important.

User Info Menu

Show Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_0526-jpgShow Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_0537-jpgShow Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_0535-jpgShow Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_0520-jpgShow Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_0519-jpgShow Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_0513-jpgShow Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_0516-jpgShow Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_0508-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Show Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_0512-jpg 

User Info Menu

Dream squeeze lol

User Info Menu

Yep, I know. It's just a dream. That's Bettylou Sakura Johnson the professional surfer. I'm sure she can do whatever she wants to whatever man she wants. She looks nice tho!

User Info Menu

I don't really have a favorite, but this is always a joy to play.
    Attached Images Attached Images Show Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-1716418455347_guitar_1-jpg 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k View Post
    Show Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_0526-jpgShow Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_0537-jpgShow Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_0535-jpgShow Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_0520-jpgShow Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_0519-jpgShow Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_0513-jpgShow Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_0516-jpgShow Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_0508-jpg

That headstock blows my mind every time I see it. The whole thing. The truss rod cover alone is so nice it should be illegal.

User Info Menu

Show Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_2144-jpg

My Comins GCS is my absolute favourite and sounds awesome through my DV Mark Acoustic amp. The Washburn J10 Orleans comes a close second.

User Info Menu

Show Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_1029-png?

User Info Menu

The classic 175 shape. Custom built by luthier Petr Prochazka. Spruce top and maple back and neck.
    The top is slightly thicker to be more resistent to feedback.
    I ordered a simple 'cognac' color tone and got it with this 'antique violin' finish. I was surprised and was not shure if I would like that finish, but I learned quickly that this finish is an eye catcher and even our horn players recognized that I have a different guitar now.
    It took some time but now I like it!
    Attached Images Attached Images Show Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-20240523_110726-jpg Show Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-20240522_164144-jpg Show Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-20240523_105823-jpg 

User Info Menu

a one off custom built for the head of PRS HR dept. as an anniversary present .
    I Carved top semi hollow version of the Carlos Santana model with an Indian Rosewood neck, Brazilian fretboard , Turquoise inlays, matching back , in a one off color . It's similar in size to the ES 339/356 a 7/8 335 . Volume/Tone /Toggle and a TremShow Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-1-jpg Show Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-4-jpgShow Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-turquoise-inlay-jpg

Clean it pulls off 335 tones with no problem , sustain forever , will devour gain stacking with sweet creamy tone.

User Info Menu

Why is this “the” one? Because I’m done buying guitars and have sold off more than 100 others. But I’ve got very positive memories.

Show Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_2422-jpg

User Info Menu

As far as archtops go, this is the one and only for me. Seventy Seven Hawk Jazz Deep. Now if only I could take pictures as well as the rest of you guys …
    Show Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-2651-jpg

User Info Menu

Beautiful guitar. If it sounds like it looks, its what a great archtop is suppose to sound like.
    I think it does. Since I got it 4 years ago I haven't thought for a minute about getting another archtop. But GAS remains for other types of guitars

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lorenkii View Post
    Show Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_1029-png?
    The best looking guitar ever made. In my opinion, of course. But I'm right.

User Info Menu

That shape and design has inspired a lot of dreams and music. I requested more pics. So far only crickets though. Would love to see more of that guitar. They are beautiful.
    I recognize that pic from the Hank Risan fire sale auction of one of the greatest collections. I won't go into the details but you can Google it.

User Info Menu

Here's my favourite rig:
    Show Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-l1013542_red-jpg

Polytone Mini-Brute
    2x12 Cab
    Vintage "Lucky Buck" Thinline Telecaster
    Pedals on a slightly modified pallet

User Info Menu

That's not an f hole, it's a c hole.

User Info Menu

That shape and design has inspired a lot of dreams and music. I requested more pics. So far only crickets though. Would love to see more of that guitar. They are beautiful.

Sorry I thought was just being a nice way of saying you liked it, not that you actually would like more. Happy to oblige!

Show Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_2112-copy-jpgShow Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_2113-copy-jpgShow Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_2114-copy-jpgShow Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_2115-copy-jpgShow Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_2116-copy-jpgShow Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_2117-copy-jpg?

User Info Menu

Until a couple of months ago, I played nothing but my Jean archtop that I received in 2021. Recently I put it to one side and played all my solid bodies in rotation. I'd just come to the conclusion that my Jackson Custom Shop had the edge because of its slightly better playability and more top-end. About an hour later the one remaining pickup stopped working. So yeah, my favourite guitar by far is my Jean archtop.

Show Off Your Main Squeeze! Post a pic of the guitar you consider “the One.”-img_2910-jpg