The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I want to start learning jazz guitar having messed around with straight blues and rock for a good few years. I been looking at getting a jazz guitar and am considering either the Ibanez GB10SE or the LGB30 after watching various u-tube reviews. Anyone have any thoughts or insight about these (or any other similar guitars)?. I have been trying to find out where these guitars are made but seem to get conflicting info, I would be grateful if someone can confirm where they are made. I am reluctant to buy Chinese made guitars for various reasons.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I believe both models you mentioned are currently made in Indonesia. I have owned Japanese made Ibanez models (2616 and 2355) as well as a Chinese made Ibanez AS103 semihollowbody that is very well made. I did try the LGB30 and based on 10 minutes of playing through a Fender Princeton, it sounded very nice. I also own a Yamaha b434 bass (Indonesia) that is excellent. Build quality throughout Asia is now pretty darn good so I would only pass on a Chinese made guitar solely for political reasons.

User Info Menu

I would pick out a nice Eastman guitar. They will not cost as much and be fine. More options for different things and less money.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark View Post
    I would pick out a nice Eastman guitar. They will not cost as much and be fine. More options for different things and less money.
    Although Chinese in origin, which the OP said he wanted to avoid.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jalabert View Post
    I ... am considering either the Ibanez GB10SE or the LGB30 ... I have been trying to find out where these guitars are made ... [can] someone can confirm where they are made. ...
    The Ibanez fan website Ibanez Wiki | Fandom has this information. See:
    LGB30 | Ibanez Wiki | Fandom
    GB10SE | Ibanez Wiki | Fandom

For the LGB30, the site says it was made in China (2013–2018) or Indonesia (2019–2024).
    The GB10SE is said to have been made in China (2016–2018) or Indonesia (2018–2024).

Many thanks for your reply. I am now looking for a local stockist to try them out

Many thanks for your reply. I will visit site you mention. Made in Indonesia makes me more interested. If I can find a reasonably local stockist I will try them both of them out.

User Info Menu

I would go to your guitar store,play a bunch of guitars and buy the one that sounds and feels best to you and fits your budget.Don't look at the name on the headstock or where it's made.