The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 11 of 11

User Info Menu

I make f-hole plugs\baffles. Feel free to contact me at carpenterguitars@gmail.com or on my Reverb page if you would like a set.
    Click Here.....The Marketplace for Musicians | Reverb.com Thank you, Joe Carpenter

Carpenter Guitars f-hole anti-feedback baffles\plugs-palen-4-jpgCarpenter Guitars f-hole anti-feedback baffles\plugs-gretsch-6120-brian-setzer-jpgCarpenter Guitars f-hole anti-feedback baffles\plugs-unnamed-jpgCarpenter Guitars f-hole anti-feedback baffles\plugs-20240108_140205-jpgCarpenter Guitars f-hole anti-feedback baffles\plugs-20240201_161525-jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images Carpenter Guitars f-hole anti-feedback baffles\plugs-eepi-reverb-339-3-jpg Carpenter Guitars f-hole anti-feedback baffles\plugs-2002-herb-ellis-es-165-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Are those EVA foam? Nitro-safe (I've been warned that's not guaranteed with EVA)?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB View Post
    Are those EVA foam? Nitro-safe (I've been warned that's not guaranteed with EVA)?
    I left my homemade Creatology EVA plugs in a nitro-finished guitar for three months. Found no damage when I removed them.

Danny W.

They are a dense neo foam material used in the semi conductor industry to package delicate parts. I don't think it would effect nitro or any other guitar finishes.

User Info Menu

Sterling, a foam manufacturer, states: “Polyurethane, polyethylene, and polyurethane foam materials are renowned for their lightweight and durable properties, making them ideal for electronic packaging solutions.” If I'm not mistaken, these foams are made from petroleum chemicals that can emit VOCs, which could result in off-gassing. Can we have more information about the materials you use to assure potential buyers that your product is safe? Thanks in advance.

User Info Menu

In a JGO post two years ago, you mention using "closed cell neoprene foam material". Is this the material you use today? Again, if I'm not mistaken, neoprene can react to a nitrocellulose finish.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB View Post
    I've had a set of Doug's Plugs EVA foam installed in my L-5 for 15yrs now w no issues. They still look like new and EVA looks smoother/cleaner than other foams.

User Info Menu

I'm disappointed that the OP hasn't responded to my questions. The promise of effective, quality "F plugs" is enticing. However, I'm not willing to risk damage to my nitro archtop because the seller "thinks" his product won't affect it. Oh well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzshrink View Post
    I'm disappointed that the OP hasn't responded to my questions. The promise of effective, quality "F plugs" is enticing. However, I'm not willing to risk damage to my nitro archtop because the seller "thinks" his product won't affect it. Oh well.
    you could always message him through his reverb listing as he's more likely to see it.
    he won't see a message here unless he logs in and clicks on this thread, assuming you haven't pm'd him.
    he's obviously only here to advertise his product, not be a regular member and participate in discussions.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the suggestion. I thought the answer to these questions would be of interest to other members and possibly help some people avoid disappointment (if the materials used pose a risk).

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzshrink View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion. I thought the answer to these questions would be of interest to other members and possibly help some people avoid disappointment (if the materials used pose a risk).
    agreed it would, but.......