The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

This popped up in my YouTube feed this morning and while there is a solid thread on the topic right now, I was impressed enough by this to think that it deserved a thread of it's own. I really like the way this guitar sounds. It's beautifully played, and well recorded.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I watched this yesterday. I really enjoy this modern type of harmony mixed with a traditional style.

User Info Menu

This guy sounds great and really proves that archtops aren't antiquated, it's all about application!

User Info Menu

Ozeias is a great player (from Brazil) worth following!

User Info Menu

Yeah, he plays that modern guitar beautifully but also with sweet tone and timing. I'll be checking him out more.

User Info Menu

Very nice touch, tone and CHOPS ! The pickup sounds great for his playing style where he obviously wants to make the wound strings heard, complete with the scraping sounds of his pick. Here this doesn't bother me at all because he is doing it conciously , just by controlling the angle of the pick in his right hand .... also very impressive.
    I'm still quite happy with the KA singlecoil pickup on my Trenier guitar which is his take on the traditional DeArmond 1100 model. The one difference is that he added a second tapped output on the pickup which affords a slightly more brilliant but quieter sound at the flick of a switch. This tapped output, the tone control and the old trick of turning down the volume pot ever so slightly gives me all the tonal nuances I need for soloing or comping. If I were in the market for an archtop pickup I'd definitely check this one out, too.