The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 10 of 10

User Info Menu

A local shop posted this and i was fortunate to give it a new home. Came with original case in excellent condition (the handle still on it) original P90, a few worm marks on back, new tuners but have the original ones, but that's it. Love to hear from other owners about their favorite string choices for this model.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

To quote Borat, Very, uh, nice!

A local place in Omaha had one for sale for awhile--was still there about 3 weeks ago--for $1500. It was a late 50's IIRC. Not sure if it's still available.

It had, as they say, been rode hard and put up wet. No obvious structural problems, but a lot of scratches. A prior owner had actually scratched his name on the back with a knife or awl. Mostly original but missing pickguard.

I don't really need another archtop and in fact got one from that store about 3 months ago. Looked to be a decent player though.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff View Post
    To quote Borat, Very, uh, nice!

A local place in Omaha had one for sale for awhile--was still there about 3 weeks ago--for $1500. It was a late 50's IIRC. Not sure if it's still available.

It had, as they say, been rode hard and put up wet. No obvious structural problems, but a lot of scratches. A prior owner had actually scratched his name on the back with a knife or awl. Mostly original but missing pickguard.

I don't really need another archtop and in fact got one from that store about 3 months ago. Looked to be a decent player though.
    Thanks for the post! I saw Chet Atkin's first guitar in the CMHF years ago and he had scratched his name in it too. So far i've never had that desire

User Info Menu

That's a drop dead beautiful guitar. Happy NGD, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by diamondjazzy View Post
    That's a drop dead beautiful guitar. Happy NGD, buddy.
    thank you!

User Info Menu

Lovely!

User Info Menu

Wow, a 1955 Closet queen!

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Gregc57 View Post
    Lovely!
    thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Gitfiddler View Post
    Wow, a 1955 Closet queen!

Congratulations!