The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 80 of 80
    1000.00 for your Squier Strat ; o
    you would be hard hard pressed around here to get a 1000.00 for a used USA made one.
    there an American standard tele with a rosewood board been for sale with five miles of me for i beleave 875.00 been for sale for six months an i was told they would make me a deal on it?
    i have almost bougt it a couple times but i on the fence ass to rather i want to mess with it.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JGinNJ View Post
    I recently visited a prominent jazz guitar store, ...
    Which jazz guitar store?

User Info Menu

That post needed more emojis. Most readers' sarcasm meters are not strong enough without lots of them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith View Post
    Don't most guitars depreciate rather than appreciate? Wouldn't only rare collectibles appreciate? Even nice vintage instruments are still usually less than the comparable model new.
    I think this is the reason guitars are a bad investment. There is the idea of buying a bargain, maybe cleaning it up and flipping it for a profit. But that is really a business, not a passive investment.

Investments are things that have a return, like a dividend. Buying guitars and never regularly selling some at a profit is not investing. It is just spending money.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SoftwareGuy View Post
    I think this is the reason guitars are a bad investment. There is the idea of buying a bargain, maybe cleaning it up and flipping it for a profit. But that is really a business, not a passive investment.

Investments are things that have a return, like a dividend. Buying guitars and never regularly selling some at a profit is not investing. It is just spending money.
    Some buy in the hope that their guitars will be a hedge against inflation: their values will rise as the value of money falls. These investors are usually disappointed.