The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

This looks to be super impressive to create great field recordings anywhere that automatically sync to the the 4K video on your iPhone—the world’s smallest condenser mic in a tiny block form that fits in your shit pocket—that you can take anywhere and record with, up to 6 hours of battery life. Making high quality videos with good audio that you can also eQ in the app

Audigo review | MusicRadar

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

It does, indeed, seem to be very impressive. It seems to be the only mic that does what it does – automatically sync the video and audio, without any cables or extra equipment, with M/S stereo, and such good quality.

$249 seems a little pricey to me, though.

Just for comparison, the Zoom H6, which is a very well-considered portable recorder, is $189. It also lets you record 6 tracks at once (although 4 would need XLR cables), with 20-hour operation, and it records to SD cards, so storage space is pretty huge. It is a very well-made piece of kit.
    Last edited by Ukena; 04-30-2024 at 06:52 PM.

User Info Menu

$249 actually seems good to me, An SM 57 is $100 and that's my baseline mic. The amount of crap I'd have to buy to hook that up to my phone would easily get me over $249.

User Info Menu

$249 seems very reasonable if it can do what it does...

Sadly, just for iPhone. I can't do the iPhone. I have a personal beef with Apple products and their "preplanned obsolescence" that I won't be letting go of anytime soon.

User Info Menu

All tech products have planned obsolescence. That said, my MacBook Air is from 2013 and is still a daily user, even though the operating system hasn't been updateable in a few years. Eventually I'll put Ubuntu or something on it. My 1986 Fat Mac ran until the early 2000s doing simple word processing for a convent newsletter. As long as you don't feel you need the latest bells and whistles, this stuff can last a long time. Apple's hardware is first rate.

Mark Kleinhaut got great results with a iPhone and a Zoom IQ5 mic that plugged into the Lightning port. I got one too- simple and easy to use.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cunamara View Post
    All tech products have planned obsolescence. That said, my MacBook Air is from 2013 and is still a daily user, even though the operating system hasn't been updateable in a few years. Eventually I'll put Ubuntu or something on it. My 1986 Fat Mac ran until the early 2000s doing simple word processing for a convent newsletter. As long as you don't feel you need the latest bells and whistles, this stuff can last a long time. Apple's hardware is first rate.

Mark Kleinhaut got great results with a iPhone and a Zoom IQ5 mic that plugged into the Lightning port. I got one too- simple and easy to use.
    Yep! That is the thing to do. Put Linux on your old computers. I do that with any new computer I buy, but I realize that many folks wouldn't be comfortable outside of Windows or Mac and that is fine. I provide support for free as a neighbor on both (somewhat on Apple, completely on their Windows platforms) for folks who live in my condo association, so I understand how many folks can struggle at times even with what is familiar. But for older computers, Linux is just the ticket against obsolescence and the desktop choices have improved to the point that even Windows user can become comfortable getting around after a while and some practice.

I don't have any particular opinion about Apple products. I don't use them because I am too entrenched in the Linux/Android side of things, but among the non-tech people I know, those who seem most comfortable with their computers and phones seem to be those with Apple products. Of course, under the covers, I understand Apple computers are actually running BSD with Apple's goodies sitting on top of that.

Tony

User Info Menu

All consumer tech has planned obsolescence. It's expensive for a company to maintain compatibility with old hardware, software, and outdated operating systems. This isn't unique to apple.

As for digital usb mics, I had a shure mv88+ that gets a really nice sound in a pinch. Remember, unless you are close micing, the most important things to getting a good sound are mic position and room sound. Using an expensive mic in a terrible sounding room won't achieve good results.

Well, I ordered it. Apparently shipping from SF, so yeah, not long now. You can use your existing wireless AirPods as monitors to listen to a previous track and easily create multi-tracks with it. No USB is required to connect it to the phone. In fact, all the recording is done on on the 32 GB memory on the mic, so there is no latency.

I plan to basically take it everywhere, from the ocean to Big Sur to the Sierra. It’s also a magnet so it magnetically attaches to the included mic mount. You can use up to four mics with the app. Each mic has two capsules inside and you can pan in stereo with even one mic.

The stereo and reverb features can be turned off or on easily on the app. You can make independent edits to each of these effects through Adjust option. Tonally its apparently close the Shure SM57. You can position your phone anywhere for video purposes and simply turn everything on-both audio and video-remotely through the device-single button turns it off or on, red means record, white means stop. The onboard memory records the audio without latency and then when done, transfers it, through blu-tooth, to the phone for post processing.

The software: is multi-tracked. Audio can be overdubbed and layered. You can also import audio recorded elsewhere and record over the top of it. You can use your AirPods to monitor the imported tack while the phone records video and the Audigo records the new audio-all simultaneously. You can also export all the tracks-individual video and audio to DAWs and video editors, if you want, as well.

User Info Menu

It certainly delivers. There is nothing else at this moment that allows such synchronization with the video recorder relatively far from the mic, and wireless.

And if that comes in handy, then of course the price is reasonable.

And a beautiful arboretum, too...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ukena View Post
    It does, indeed, seem to be very impressive. It seems to be the only mic that does what it does – automatically sync the video and audio, without any cables or extra equipment, with M/S stereo, and such good quality.

$249 seems a little pricey to me, though.

Just for comparison, the Zoom H6, which is a very well-considered portable recorder, is $189. It also lets you record 6 tracks at once (although 4 would need XLR cables), with 20-hour operation, and it records to SD cards, so storage space is pretty huge. It is a very well-made piece of kit.
    Yeah I have an H6 and agree it brings more to the table. Still, I'd be into something like this little wireless condenser for the price if only it worked on Android. Recording audio and video separately to combine in post later: that's the tedious step I want to eliminate in a phone rig.

Testing it out using the Buscarino chameleon preamp. It sounded better a foot away than it did Straight against the grill. Guitar by Victor Baker

#Testing123 #Buscarino #chameleon #amplifier #audigolabs #Portable #Microphone #victorBaker #guitar | Instagram