The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Anyone using this tuner and who would recommend it?

My requirements:
    Clip-on (not looking for pedal etc)
    Easily readable display (whatever the lighting conditions)
    Preferably rechargeable (USB)
    Not too bulky

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

The best of all of them that I have ever bought! Highly Recommend!

User Info Menu

It’s less than half the price of the Peterson StroboClip HD. D’Addario doesn’t appear to publish the accuracy. The Peterson is 0.1 cents for what it’s worth. I’m sure the D’Addario has to be good enough for general use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

This is not for a guitar that has a regular round soundhole I presume?

I've noticed several acclaimed classical guitarists use a soundhole tuner lately, barely visible from the audience. I'm guessing they must have an advantage over clip-ons on the headstock.

Personally I mostly use a Korg GA Custom nowadays, running off 2 rechargeable batteries (meaning I can swap in a new set and be going again in seconds). 3 tiny strong magnets glued to its top allow to hang it reliably from a steel stand, and it has a jack input for when there's too much ambiant noise to use its internal mic. And the display is kinda cool

User Info Menu

Thanks, I'll get one. I would have said if it was for acoustic.

User Info Menu

Yes, the clip-on tuners I use for classical guitars are temperamental due to the nylon strings being softer, I'd say mushy compared to steel strings. It takes longer to tune.
    I'll have to look into those sound-hole tuners

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Peter C View Post
    Anyone using this tuner and who would recommend it?

My requirements:
    Clip-on (not looking for pedal etc)
    Easily readable display (whatever the lighting conditions)
    Preferably rechargeable (USB)
    Not too bulky
    I use the d'addario clip tuner but the tinny one, is the PW-CT-12 Micro Headstock Tuner. I played many times in different conditions and for many concerts with only this tuner and I really loved it! It works great and easy readable (for me, and also for my students at conservatory). Perhaps, sometimes I only take the E from the first string to tune the guitar, because in classical guitar many times we should tune the guitar in fonction of the key or repertoire, for example if I play only D Major pieces it should be better to tune into that key or other. But the micro headstock works really great and I have one for each guitar (classical and hollow body).
    Have a great weekend!
    Jose

User Info Menu

Yes the daddario eclipse rechargeable
    Is my current favourite clip on tuner

Great tuner

User Info Menu

No more having to buy 2032 round batteries!