The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hey there! I saw that some of y'all on these forums dig really deep into the DV Mark Little Jazz.

I'm having an issue where any note I play can sometimes create a weird distortion/scratching noise. It's especially pronounced on lower notes. Here's a video where hopefully you can hear it. It's particularly audible on the root note of each chord I play, after the initial transient hit.

In theory, my tone should be nice and clean. Some distortion or bite would be nice if I wanted that, but this seems to be an issue rather than a desired effect. It's made recording a clean tone very difficult.

It's definitely an issue with the amp, and not my guitar. I've used other amps and multiple guitars to test this.

Any advice or theories are welcome. I'd like to understand the potential problem better before shopping around for repairs.

Thanks,

-CK

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Maybe something loose somewhere. Maybe a failing speaker. Impossible to tell with any certainty from just that video. I only hear anything on the last few strums. I would make sure everything on the amp is tight, and that includes a lot of things. I've also seen this sort of thing with other guitars hanging on the wall or on stands, via sympathetic resonances. And I've even had it happen with other things on the walls, which I hadn't even considered, rattling. It was hard to believe, but damping a frame hanging on the wall stopped one troublesome noise for me. Does it happen in other locations, other rooms?

User Info Menu

I couldn't hear the problem. I listened on the speakers in my laptop.

User Info Menu

I listened and can hear the issue you reference.

I don't recall hearing anything like that with my LJ amp.

Speaker issue? I don't know for sure.

How long have you owned the amp? How long did you before noticing?

Too late to return to seller? Too late for warranty repair?