The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 29 of 29

User Info Menu

My only real disappointment with my TM Twin Reverb is it lacks the feel of volume, if that makes sense, compared to my '65 TRRI or my '65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue. It almost sounds muffled to my ears.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zigracer View Post
    I do think that multiple speakers add a bit of another dimension to the sound, which may be one reason I’ve been so smitten with the Bassman as well.
    IIUC driving 2 smaller speakers with the same (?) signal gives the same bass response as a bigger speaker (a round or oval one with the same diameter?) without sacrificing the treble response of a smaller speaker.

User Info Menu

I was wondering why my Tone Master Twin is loud, but not "call the cops" loud (only "stern warning from the neighborhood HOA" loud). I just realized the specs for the stock Jensen N-12K speaker is 97dB sensitivity. Not terribly efficient by today's standard, when there are many speaker options over 100dB available.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zigracer View Post
    I do think that multiple speakers add a bit of another dimension to the sound, which may be one reason I’ve been so smitten with the Bassman as well.

IIUC driving 2 smaller speakers with the same (?) signal gives the same bass response as a bigger speaker (a round or oval one with the same diameter?) without sacrificing the treble response of a smaller speaker.
    2 speakers distribute the sound differently in the room. You have two sound sources instead of one so you wave interference and just a different distribution of the sound. (you also get some wave interference with a single speaker because of room reflections)

I can relate to Zigracers description: "a bit of another dimension to the sound"