The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I noticed on Amazon in the description of the TI Bebop .011 roundwound strings it says "accordion accessories." So, what the heck are accordion accessories and what the heck do they have to do with TI Bebop roundwound .011 guitar strings? There is no similar description for the other TI guitar strings. Typo, maybe?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I think it is one particular seller that does that; IIRC they're in the UK. I bought TI strings from them a number of years ago because it was cheaper, even with shipping, then buying them from a vendor inside the US. Less than half the price US. When I looked at it again a couple years later, the prices were not so advantageous for an American based purchaser.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cunamara View Post
    I think it is one particular seller that does that; IIRC they're in the UK.
    Sounds more like the fantasia-like descriptions I see in items that get shipped from China; auto-translation doing its thing. That wouldn't make much sense for an UK-based seller, unless you mean that you ordered from (a seller on) Amazon.co.uk .

I'd be a bit concerned about getting counterfeit strings, but if they actually do their job I suppose one could care less...

User Info Menu

I just bought some 12’s with that description. They are fine and legit. It’s some weird typo on Amazon.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB View Post
    Sounds more like the fantasia-like descriptions I see in items that get shipped from China; auto-translation doing its thing. That wouldn't make much sense for an UK-based seller, unless you mean that you ordered from (a seller on) Amazon.co.uk .
    Yes. I ordered the strings through amazon.com and, due to the quirks of how Amazon works, the vendor from the UK was included and the price was significantly lower than US vendors. So I ordered them, they were shipped from the UK via the Royal Mail and arrived in pretty good time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cunamara View Post
    So I ordered them, they were shipped from the UK via the Royal Mail and arrived in pretty good time.
    It does happen that 3rd party vendors from far away countries have their wares in "local" (Amazon?) warehouses. No idea how that works - nor do I care as long as the price and products are good!