The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringswinger View Post
    I am with you on the aesthetic thing. Both the TF and the BK are variations on the ES-350. I am fine with the look of the ES-350, but the BK and TF just don't "look right" to me. I suspect most archtop players agree with us.

Kudos to JZ (and others here) for liking the oddball looking guitars. Those who like stuff that is not adored by the crowd get better deals.
    It used to be that the BK and TF and Ibanez PM120/100 were the hidden gems but it seems recently the prices on them have gone up. The PM120s are going for more than the newer model PM200...I'd still like to find a PM120 but if I end up keeping the '89 175, i don't need it.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I used to dislike the look of the BK. Now I like how different it is. Every archtop I own is a Venetian single cut. A bit boring. Millions of guitars are shaped like that.

I think the change might have something to do with how great Jack sounds on it, and how it looks so right with his glasses (dark or clear) and goatee. Dig the beatnik vibe. It looks great on Ed Cherry too.

As I said a few years ago: everybody plays a 175. Zucker plays a Kessel! :)

Next up? Trini Lopez Deluxe. Worst of TF combined with BK plus a dash of Fender.
    Last edited by ccroft; 04-12-2024 at 09:06 PM. Reason: I just remembered I played a '61LP/SG in the early 70's...

Quote Originally Posted by ccroft View Post
    I used to dislike the look of the BK. Now I like how different it is. Every archtop I own is a Venetian single cut. A bit boring. Millions of guitars are shaped like that.

I think the change might have something to do with how great Jack sounds on it, and how it looks so right with his glasses (dark or clear) and goatee. Dig the beatnik vibe. It looks great on Ed Cherry too.

As I said a few years ago: everybody plays a 175. Zucker plays a Kessel!

Next up? Trini Lopez Deluxe. Worst of TF combined with BK plus a dash of Fender.
    Gambale plays a Trini Lopez sometimes. Sounds amazing!