The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

I bought an 1989 Gibson 175 from them on Mar 30th but I haven't heard from them since. They charged my card right away but have not returned any phone calls, emails or messages on social media.

Both phone numbers I have for them including the one on their website and the one on their facebook page say the numbers are disconnected.

I guess I'll be contacting my CC company today and filing a dispute but I really wanted that guitar! lol.

[edit] A few minutes ago, they saw my posting on facebook and sent me a fedex tracking # though it currently says a label was created and is not in their possession.
    Last edited by jzucker; 04-08-2024 at 01:56 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

tracking #?

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    tracking #?
    Nope, no communication at all. No tracking number and now the phones are disconnected. I contacted chase today and filed a dispute.

User Info Menu

Looking at reviews on Yelp,there are only 4 and they are years old.A friend of mine when buying from a small business online,he calls them on the phone just to try to get a feel for who's he dealing with before pushing the buy button.Hope you get it resolved without too much hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by nyc chaz
    Looking at reviews on Yelp,there are only 4 and they are years old.A friend of mine when buying from a small business online,he calls them on the phone just to try to get a feel for who's he dealing with before pushing the buy button.Hope you get it resolved without too much hassle.
    I did call them and talked to them twice. Once before and once after the luthier supposedly evaluated it. Supposedly, I was talking to the luthier on the 2nd call.

User Info Menu

This shop seems to have gone out of business. If you look at their address on google maps, you can see that there is not signage on their storefront. Their website is also a massive dead give away. Everything is both "on sale" and "sold out". Additionally they have a total of 1 review on yelp. I wouldn't have made a purchase from a shop like this without a phone call to verify they exist and ask questions about the guitar.

User Info Menu

Buy a Gibson 175 involves more cash than most transactions and requires much more communication. The seller when they get your money should get a tracking number in a hurry to you and communicate. This would not be a situation I would find good except you did by credit card so you have protection. Thank the Lord for Credit Cards.

A few minutes ago, they saw my posting on facebook and sent me a fedex tracking # though it currently says a label was created and is not in their possession.

User Info Menu

Just for the heck of it I sent a question on the chamber of commerce website asking if they were still in business. Some answer these types of enquiries, some don't depending how big the town is.. We shall see.

User Info Menu

In Jack's defense, he has done business on the web to purchase guitars many, many times and does know his way around this stuff. He did talk to them on the phone twice, so at least somebody answered the phone.

It's often hard to tell whether people are scammers or they're just bad at running their business. And it could be they've closed their storefront business down but are selling off the last of their stock on the web; local demand for a Gibson ES 175 might not be that great.

I hope it works out OK one way or the other, Jack!

they have now messaged me on facebook 3 times and the tracking number now shows up as being on time for a wednesday delivery. They told me their phones are through comcast who is having an outage and was the reason both their phones were disconnected. I think it'll be ok.

User Info Menu

Tammi from the chamber of commerce agrees everything is A Ok. Anyone ever bought a guitar from Blue Mountain Guitars in West Lebanon, NH?-screenshot_20240409-084039_yahoo-mail-jpg

User Info Menu

NH got crushed with heavy wet snow. Power outages, lines down, and many roads were not passable for a few days.
    Attached Images Attached Images Anyone ever bought a guitar from Blue Mountain Guitars in West Lebanon, NH?-img_20240409_085632-jpg 

User Info Menu

Not defending them, but do the research *before* buying, not after.

User Info Menu

Now I'm curious. I've visited West Leb several times on business, and I stopped into a guitar shop there- Bear Hollow Vintage Guitar, but it went out of business over 4 years ago (pre-pandemic). The owners were retirees, and were done with the business. I think Blue Mountain must have been closed when I had free time there- it's around the corner from where I used to stay.