The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 19 of 19

User Info Menu

I’m a Stringjoy convert-img_9267-jpeg

After years of Pyramids I have come across something even better!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I use them and like them too.

User Info Menu

Yep, great strings, great company! I've been using them for several years now.

User Info Menu

After years of using Thomastiks I switched a while back just to plain ol D'addario nickel strings. How do these compare?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drbhrb
    After years of using Thomastiks I switched a while back just to plain ol D'addario nickel strings. How do these compare?
    no idea.

User Info Menu

What about comparisons to John Pearse? Those have been my favorite. They sound great on your clip!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jorgemg1984
    What about comparisons to John Pearse? Those have been my favorite. They sound great on your clip!
    Thanks. I don’t know. I was using nothing but pyramids for the last 15 years and was happy until I noticed some intonation inconsistencies on the A string. I tried stringjoy on a lark and was just really thrilled with their sound and feel and perfect intonation.

User Info Menu

Did they send you all the right gauges? I placed some orders a while ago and they were inconsistent in sending the right items.

User Info Menu

I love the crystalline clarity with warmth that you extracted from the Stringjoy with that superlative Ribbecke, Mark. That tonal palette sounds just right. Your guitar peals with laughter and joy. I gotta try some.

User Info Menu

I've been very happy with them as well. Great strings, if a bit pricey.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bluejaybill
    I've been very happy with them as well. Great strings, if a bit pricey.
    Compared to what Thomastik charges now,i would say they are cheap.

User Info Menu

Does Stringjoy make flat wounds?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstove
    Does Stringjoy make flat wounds?
    From their website: Do you make flatwound strings? Not yet, but we’ve been working hard on it for several years now. Our tentative hope is to have something to show you sometime in 2023.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sydex
    Did they send you all the right gauges? I placed some orders a while ago and they were inconsistent in sending the right items.
    yea, no problems at all.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Kleinhaut
    yea, no problems at all.
    I've always had excellent products and service from them!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jazzshrink
    From their website: Do you make flatwound strings? Not yet, but we’ve been working hard on it for several years now. Our tentative hope is to have something to show you sometime in 2023.
    Thanks. I went to their site but missed this, and of course saw no flat wounds. I used a stringjoy set of 12 strings last year and they were quite nice.

User Info Menu

I was converted a few years ago. Stringjoy Broadways on all of my electrics.

User Info Menu

I want to try them, but all
    my electrics get flats, and all my acoustics get monels.

User Info Menu

I need to check them out. A local shop sells them.