The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I am about 3 years out from retirement, so I’m trying to assemble all the guitars I will want to play when I get there. My buying criteria right now is that anything new has to fill a niche and be of the quality that when I pick it up and play it I think it’s my favorite guitar ever. I have accomplished both goals with this one! I took delivery today from Gruhn Guitars. It’s a “Quad O” or “Four Ought” size - bigger than an OOO and not as deep as a dreadnaught. It’s a Gruhn spec 28 style body with a pre-war 45 style slot head neck that joins the body at the 12th fret. It’s an absolutely perfect guitar for me. It’s deep and rich sounding and sustains incredibly. The fit and finish is perfect and the neck is an incredibly comfortable low profile but not thin with a 1 13/16” nut width, perfect for fingerstyle. I couldn’t be happier with it!

Martin Custom Shop 0000-28/45-img_3673-jpgMartin Custom Shop 0000-28/45-img_3674-jpgMartin Custom Shop 0000-28/45-img_3677-jpgMartin Custom Shop 0000-28/45-img_3678-jpgMartin Custom Shop 0000-28/45-img_3679-jpgMartin Custom Shop 0000-28/45-img_3676-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Gorgeous!

User Info Menu

That's a really special guitar.

User Info Menu

Super nice! The burst is delicious!

User Info Menu

It's a real beauty – it would make the folks over at the UMGF drool.

You identify it as coming from the custom shop – did you spec it yourself, or did Gruhn?

Quote Originally Posted by Ukena
    It's a real beauty – it would make the folks over at the UMGF drool.

You identify it as coming from the custom shop – did you spec it yourself, or did Gruhn?
    Gruhn spec’d it.

User Info Menu

Oh my! That's lovely!