The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 27 of 27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by QAman
    Rpjazzguitar,
    Yes, the blonde non-cut L5. One of the finest guitars I've ever played. That was the stolen guitar - which was eventually recovered with a broken neck. John Monteleone repaired the neck in the early 80's.

The lessons from Sid were invaluable. They provided me with a life long skill set. He insisted on me reading many different books, including Paganini , jazz syncopation studies, solfeggio etc.etc. I still use those books on and off. Its been a wonderful musical journey and I'll never forget his generosity, guidance, encouragement and wisdom.

I apologize to the Op for getting off course, but sometimes these discussions lead us into our past a bit.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    How great to read this! I also did the Paganini, Moto Perpetuo. Two Mel Bays, Rhythms Complete by Colin/Bower, Advanced Dance Rhythms. Pasquale Bona's Rhythmic Articulation (which I still have and occasionaly try to read the harder stuff in the second half of the book). And, chord melody out of that fake book. Don't Blame Me, Moonglow, Stars Fell on Alabama, Stompin' At the Savoy etc. And I also felt the glow of mentorship. I don't recall solfeggio -- I was there 64-66 or so.

Years later, I played his arrangement of Don't Blame Me and an audience member came up to tell me that it reminded him of his childhood, listening to the Arthur Godfrey radio program with his mother in the 50s. Good memory! Sid did that show.
    Last edited by rpjazzguitar; 04-04-2024 at 02:29 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

cool thread