The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28

User Info Menu

Godin Guitars Tric Case.

Access to this page has been denied. . Gator dense EPA foam. $149. Shim to fit with cushion inserts, towels, etc.

Dense polyfoam cases are very good for daily use. Take all kinds of knocks well.
    Last edited by Jabberwocky; 04-04-2024 at 01:43 AM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by charleyrich99
    I watched some videos on the Mono Vertigo where they brought up the issue that some guitars could get scratched by the zipper being taken in or out of the bag. That turned me off that particular bag.
    I use 3 Vertigos to carry 4 guitars. There’s absolutely no problem with the zipper if you open the bag right. You have to be sure you unzip it all the way to the stop, let the front/top flop open, and fold the case body back in the other direction so it’s open like a partially peeled banana or a big mouth. I’m right handed, so I fold the bag down and hold it open with my left hand while handling the guitar with my right.

With the bag wide open and vertical, lift the guitar straight out vertically with one hand on the neck while the other holds the bag open. Putting the guitar back is the same process - hold the bag wide open and slip the guitar straight in vertically.

If you don’t hold the body of the bag open wide, the guitar could drag over the zipper. But done right, the only thing that touches the guitar as it slips in is the lining of the bag.

User Info Menu

Thank you everyone for the detailed help you provided. This forum is just very special in that so many are so willing to provide help. I think I have enough information to make an intelligent choice.

-Charley