The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 28 of 28
    This is what Victor Baker said in a 2012 post about his laminate plate archtop guitars:
    Attached Images Attached Images Carved tonewood archtop or laminated - Which is your preference?-screenshot_20240402-2246512-png 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I think most archtop players just want an exotic looking or retro electric guitar. I laugh at the YouTube videos that compare a Tele, a 335, and a carved archtop and claim no difference. Then they run the signal through pedals and an amp and mic the amp! I challenge someone to do a similar video but mic the guitar with no amp. Let’s see if you really can’t tell a Tele from a lightly carved acoustic archtop.

Different tools for different purposes. Do you want an acoustic guitar that doesn’t sound like a typical dreadnaught, are you looking for a fat creamy guitar to sound like Kenny Burrell, do you want to stand out visually as you rip the solo to Stairway to Heaven? Pick the tool that’s is right for the task.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

I have several of both , the carved tops are my favorites , but I gig with the lam's more often as they are less fragile