The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hi guys, I'd like to ask you something about this great guitar that I am trying to find.
    Does someone know this model ? Jesse Van Ruller used to play one of them.
    It should have a small neck, but do you know about the neck ? is it fat or thin?
    thanks a lot

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aflomus
    Hi guys, I'd like to ask you something about this great guitar that I am trying to find.
    It should have a small neck, but do you know about the neck ? is it fat or thin?
    thanks a lot
    The last one I tried (several years ago) had a noticeably slim neck. I didn't measure it at the time, but I remember noticing how narrow the string spacing felt. Some online specs say they have 1-9/16" nuts, which sounds accurate to me based on that one.
    Last edited by John A.; 03-19-2024 at 10:59 AM.

User Info Menu

ES-150 DCN: I had one back in the '70's. Yes, it had a narrow neck - probably a 1-9/16" nut - but I don't recall ever actually measuring it. It was sort of like a fat hollow ES-330. That's all I remember.

User Info Menu

I had one in 1972. The group I was in (pop and rock and funk, with jazz undertones while offering up RnB ) liked my tone with it. It was a bit stiff for rock sounds, but that could've been due to the JBL's in my Twin Reverb. But for soul and chordal backing, it was nice and full sounding. I had to stuff it with insulation material to control the feedback, because it DID feed back.

I think the neck was narrow but I don't think I measured, or cared! And it was lightweight. We were gigging 4 hour nights, 5 nites a week. Sold it when I left the group and bought a Johnny Smith.

If meeting one now, I would probably opt for something with a bigger neck, because that's me. I love classical guitar necks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Karol
    ES-150 DCN: I had one back in the '70's. Yes, it had a narrow neck - probably a 1-9/16" nut - but I don't recall ever actually measuring it. It was sort of like a fat hollow ES-330. That's all I remember.
    Also had a ES150 TD in the 70s quite narrow neck, which i liked .....a little more info here : Xhefri's Guitars - Gibson Collectables

SOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aflomus
    thanks a lot
    It's a thin neck but wonderful sounding, one of the best I've owned.
    Attached Images Attached Images Gibson ES-150 DC info-gibson_es-150d_s-jpg 

User Info Menu

Remo Palmier used a fancier version, I think Byrdland trim.