The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Over the years I've had a few Guilds but it's never been a focal point.

At the end of January I bid about double the market for this victim of a Rustoleum refin.
    What? Wha' hoppen'? Wassup? There is something resembling an answer.

> It's from 1961. I'm from 1961.
    You know that 1961 birth-year guitars are uncommon and 1961 US major-builder jazz guitars in "player-condition" are always catch-it-now.

[IMG][/IMG]

> It looks like ass, but it works really just fine.
    It sets up right. Wearing D'Addario EJ21s it has a classic plywood-hollow sound.
    The original DeArmond DynaSonic pickup is just great for jazz -- a bolder, more robust, rounder Strat neck pickup that doesn't thin-out in public.

[IMG][/IMG]

> It may be close to the bottom of the line for that year, but it is a regular 24.75" scale with a full 1.68" nut and a Brazilian rosewood fingerboard.
    [IMG][/IMG]

> "Double price" for a hillbilly-refin guitar still means less than most used Eastmans.
    In fact, it was even money for the Eastman Romeo I just sold.

[IMG][/IMG]

> And the money went to ShopGoodWill.com.
    Say anything you like about officer-compensation at GoodWill.
    There is no disputing that at least some of the 'extra' money I paid will go to actually help people.

It's mighty fun to have.
    I have a self-imposed cap of four guitars.
    I have four guitars I don't want to lose.
    Maybe I'll get it sprayed. Maybe I'll just play it.
    This, jazz guitarists, could actually be that for a good long while!

[IMG][/IMG]
    Attached Images Attached Images 1961 Guild Starfire 1 -- New Old Guiturd !!-kimg0463-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have a rare 1961 Starfire III. Great guitar also. Don't underestimate the ply top. Mine is a thin 3 ply of mahogany, and you know the tone is just soooo good. DeArmond p/ups too.