The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Hello friends,
    Has anyone tried the Ibanez Artcore AS113 which is the Indonesian version of the MIJ AS2000? Both of these guitars are very similar to the John Scofield Signature models (JSM100--MIJ, & JSM10-Indonesian) with the exception of the Artstar series having a pressed spruce top, and the Scofield signatures having a pressed maple top. The dimensions are identical.
    I have read that the Indonesian Ibanez products are well regarded, but would appreciate some corroboration, if there is any!
    Much thanks!
    The image is of the less common Tobacco Burst:
    PS: I play mostly standards & some blues.
    Has Anyone Tried the Ibanez AS113 Artstar Semi-Hollow?-s-l1600-jpg
    Last edited by helios; 03-16-2024 at 03:42 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have the JSM10 which is an excellent guitar. It is a really quality piece, very well finished. The only guitar I've played with fret work as nice is another Ibanez.

I use the tri-sound switch a lot. The humbucker in parallel gives a nice, slightly thick single coil sound.

The JSM10 has a slightly beefed up neck. I think the AS113 is the more usual artstar carve, which I slightly prefer. I can't see that you could go wrong.

Attachment 109726

User Info Menu

Thanks for the reply! I just checked and the neck dimensions for the JS10 & AS113 are the same.
    The Artcore AF2000 & AF200 archtop series does have a thinner neck profile!
    I prefer the slightly beefier neck of the semi-hollows.

User Info Menu

Malaysian? The AS113 is made in Indonesia. There are no Ibanez guitars made in Malaysia.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Banksia
    Malaysian? The AS113 is made in Indonesia. There are no Ibanez guitars made in Malaysia.
    Thanks for the much needed geography lesson! Ha Ha!
    I've made the correction!