The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Anyone bought a guitar from this seller in Japan. I believe they are quite ligit and have reputation but not sure. I know buying overseas can be difficult but for an American Guitar no import duties. I am not sure of the cost of shipping either. They calculate it at check out but cannot check out I need a ballpark amount. I think there has to be some here who have been customers of them.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I have bought a couple of Ishibashi. If you set the language and the currency correct, there should not be any problem in checking out. Import Duties is another matter, that is your customs business, not that from Ishibashi, right?
    Most experiences were great, one was not so great. (a vintage USA made Gretsch White Falcon, the add stated no problem whatsoever, but at the final check prior to shipment, the trussrod was stuck and stayed stuck). I got the full amount refunded, but was left with the disappointment and some replacement parts that I already bought for it. Service and communication is fine. The company uses quite a number of stores that hold your item in their stock.

User Info Menu

Satisfied customer here. It’s a large well-known chain store in Japan. No problem with the shop and service. I’ve ordered only within Japan so can’t comment about international shipping.

I purchased from Ikebe-Gakki in late 2021. I wrote them an email first inquiring about the process, and they responded promptly and clearly. Purchasing the guitar was no more different / difficult than any US transaction.

Shipping however - DID - get stopped by customs (I had read many forumites posting that they've ordered multiple guitars from Ikebe or Ishibashi, and that none had been stopped by customs. My experience suggests mentally preparing / assuming yours will be stopped). I called FedEx and worked with the brokerage team, and completed the importer identity form. The guitar was quickly back in transit to me, and all was well.

Shipping was 231.50 USD from JPN to Chicago.

User Info Menu

Bought from them circa 2010. They have a few English-speaking gaijin on their staff. I had to file one claim for shipping damage. After that, they put me on their blacklist and they refused to sell me anything any longer.

I: I am interested in XYZ.
    Ishibashi Gakki: Hello, I am Sumiko. This email is for domestic sales. Please write to the International Sales Enquiry email.
    I to Ishibashi Gakki International Sales: I am interested in XYZ.
    Ishibashi Gakki International Sales:: Hello, this is Sumiko again. We regret to inform you we do not ship to your location.
    I to Sumiko: You could have (fecking ) told me that the (bloody) first time!