The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 12 of 12

User Info Menu

I picked up this big bad boy at a really great price. It's a bright cannon, and as mint as a used axe could be. I had been looking for a non-cut 16" 605, 804, 805, or 905, because 17s are a bit too big for me, but I couldn't resist. What is especially cool about the 6xx series is the mahogany body and neck. Deep, resonant tone, resonant neck. If I ever see a nice 'hog 16" I'll pick it up and sell this. The original owner had swapped in a gold Gibson style trapeze, luckily he had the original tp. And they come with no pickguard, so I made one and mounted it. Also swapped in rosewood buttons for the gold. Time to work on my Freddie Green voicings.

(well, a few weeks ago) Eastman AR-610NC-eastman1-jpg
    (well, a few weeks ago) Eastman AR-610NC-eastman3-jpg
    (well, a few weeks ago) Eastman AR-610NC-eastman4-jpg
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 03-14-2024 at 02:41 PM.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Tasteful pickguard

User Info Menu

Congrats, what do you like about this as opposed to your L-50?

User Info Menu

Love these non-cutaways, beautiful instrument!

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamScott
    Tasteful pickguard
    Tnx. The wood is wenge, but it came out a good match for the rosewood tp & bridge. The wenge is more chocolate brown than rosewood, so I added a little reddish stain, and that helped.
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 03-15-2024 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    Congrats, what do you like about this as opposed to your L-50?
    The neck, and tone. The neck, while a tad wider, is shallower. And the tone is more toward the Benedetto acoustic-y sound than the Gibson sound.

I may add a Krivo-type pickup, which is supposed to reproduce the natural acoustic tone. Looking forward to my big band starting up again in April.

Last edited by Woody Sound; 03-12-2024 at 11:59 AM.

User Info Menu

Congrats to an awesome guitar! These Non Cutaway Eastmans are wonderful for Big Band Jobs! (I'm kinda biased though!)

Quote Originally Posted by Webby
    Congrats to an awesome guitar! These Non Cutaway Eastmans are wonderful for Big Band Jobs! (I'm kinda biased though!)

Nice! You're cutting through the band nicely. Is there a mic right in front of you?

User Info Menu

Gorgeous!! I'll bet it sounds as good as it looks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Nice! You're cutting through the band nicely. Is there a mic right in front of you?
    Thanks, just the camera mic. I hope you'll enjoy your new guitar! I love mine!

Paul

Well I was going to mount a Krivo, but I thought I'd try this first. Audio Technica 8531 mic system into an Xvive wireless transmitter. It sounds great. And to boot, the whole thing fits in both the hard case or the gig bag without removing anything. Right now it's kinda messy looking, so I'll have to make some adjustments & changes, especially the wire. Thanks to Campus V for an old thread.

(well, a few weeks ago) Eastman AR-610NC-mic1-jpg
    (well, a few weeks ago) Eastman AR-610NC-mic2-jpg
    (well, a few weeks ago) Eastman AR-610NC-mic3-jpg
    (well, a few weeks ago) Eastman AR-610NC-mic4-jpg