The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 33 of 33

User Info Menu

@ teagueAMX: I don't think anyone has yet mention strings. What gauge do you normally use? If you are used to 10's, bump up to 11's. You'll hear the difference.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Listening to the original video, I think there is some compression going on, but it could just be an artefact of the recording process.

User Info Menu

The youtuber says "both guitars were put through the same amp with the same settings, including the use of reverb".

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JCat
    ...and a humbucker
    In this case. But he sounded pretty much the same when he still had the original Telecaster pick up.

User Info Menu

I’ve been impressed by the tone Cecil Alexander gets on Tele style guitars with a humbucker in the neck position.

And you may enjoy hearing Julian Lage’s take on his choice to play jazz on a Tele.

AKA
    Last edited by AKA; 03-13-2024 at 09:20 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lawson-stone
    Just to illustrate, perhaps, that you can get pretty good jazz tone from "anything," here is my 1964 Hagstrom I (yes, the solid-body wrapped in red vinyl wit the plastic "space ship" looking front panel) playing through "Tenderly." I should say this was a very spontaneous effort shortly after I got this guitar, and I hadn't really thought much about how I'd play it at that moment. I'd been working on the tune that week, though, so I had some ideas, but when i picked up the old Redhead, I wasn't sure what I'd do.

That .... is evident... but I hope the tone is illustrated well enough.

Thank you for that demonstration. Very good.

User Info Menu

Thank you all for responding to my post and the general discussion.

I've wanted to comment and thank each of you individually but we recently had a tragedy in my family that's taken center stage.

Again, thank you.
    Last edited by teagueAMX; 03-14-2024 at 09:27 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by teagueAMX
    I've wanted to comment and thank each of you individually but we recently had a tragedy in my that's taken center stage.
    God bless. We've had alot of that going on in recent years.