The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
    I did not need, but could not resist, a new old Polytone. It was clean (relative to its age), and the reverb works.

For reference:

Polytone Controls Question-img_1377-jpg

To other forum members who may know, I was curious what the two knobs (smaller red - and shorted black) on the volume are. Are they gain and master? Or is this a way of adding another EQ knob? I searched the web for a manual, but could only find sonic circuit era manuals.

Thanks!

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

On my Polytone the red knob is a distortion gain that should never be touched. Shouldn't even be talked about. Now I'm worried that I've ruined my amp by posting this.
    Last edited by WilliamScott; 03-11-2024 at 03:37 PM. Reason: correction

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamScott
    On my mini-brute the red knob is a distortion gain that should never be touched. Shouldn't even be talked about. Now I'm worried that I've ruined my amp by posting this.
    They later tried to hide it by calling it "sonic circuit."

Thank you both for the quick reply. I may have grabbed a solid body and turned the red knob all the way up … distortion indeed!

User Info Menu

You know, if you put a tube screamer or a boost before that dreaded red knob...

It actually doesn't sound too bad. I'll just sit back and wait for the jazz police to arrive...