The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy blue note
    I was a repair tech for Guitar Center.
    I had a horrible experience with a completely incompetent (and maybe even a liar) guitar tech at GC.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwocky
    Ah, Sweetwater. I told them not to call and not to include cheap sweets with my orders. They don't call but I still get those cheap diabetes-inducing American sweets with my orders! No wonder there are so many lardasses in America.

And their prices are terrible. I got a brand new Prism Sound Atlas from somewhere else and saved over $600 buying it from SW. SW sell things at full MAP. But guys who like to buy, try and return aka tyrekickers love SW. SW have generous return policies but I am not going to pay for the wishy-washiness of folk who buy, try, return. I am not getting someone else's returned aka used stuff at a brand new price either.
    Wow, different strokes. Sweetwater has been my favorite go-to online dealer for several years now. I got my rep to knock a good chunk of coin off a Fender Bass VI, and also throw in a VERY NICE Gator gig bag for free. My only gripe is that sometimes their product lines are a little inconsistent. A couple of weeks ago I wanted to try a new acoustic string set, in 11's and 12's. I only found 12's on the site, and when I called, the guy confirmed that they only carry 12s in that model. So I went to the Satanic 'Zon for them.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    I got a brand new 2023 Byrdland from Sweetwater for $7K.
    Thousands below MAP. I believe that was a smoking deal.
    It arrived with a cracked pickguard from shipping.
    Sweetwater immediately had Gibson send me a replacement.
    I had the pickguard in 2 weeks. They were on it like stink on poop and made sure I was happy afterwards.

Attachment 109598Attachment 109597
    I'd love to get a p/guard for my L5 that looks that good! Mine (a 1981) came with one that gassed off, really gassed off.

User Info Menu

I bought my GCS-1 at Rudy's in Soho.

They shipped it to California. Packed perfectly. Arrived in perfect condition. Price was the same as everywhere else (plus the shipping, which seemed reasonably priced).

User Info Menu

I think those things are gorgeous. The one in the pic sure is.

User Info Menu

I should have mentioned WillCutt Guitar in Kentucky. I have purchased two guitars from them.

They were new guitars so there was no question about the condition.

The guitar setup was perfect and the staff was friendly. I would buy from them again with out hesitation.