The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cunamara
    Good news! I introduced my wife to the new guitar last night and I'm not dead!
    That's lucky. You are still alive and you get to keep the wife.....

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Has she broken the news to YOU yet about the Oyster Bamboo Fly Rod?
    JD

User Info Menu

Well you at least you don't have the problem of introducing a NEW WIFE to the guitar. That would definitely be a more expensive situation.

Fly fishing, I remember reading the great Ted Williams the last .400 hitter was one of the best fly fishermen around. Johnny Smith like to fish too much more than play the guitar even. I know he said so.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wintermoon
    great but more importantly, how was the fishing??
    Well, it's March in the driftless region in Iowa where they went, so the trouts were keeping kind of low. My wife got one chub on the first day and one trout on the final day; the professional guide in the group only caught a few, and the other very experienced fly fisherwoman only caught one. However, as the old saying goes, a bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Without quoting everybody else's responses, thank you all! Joe, you're right, she does want me to be happy. Not, as you say, Gibson Citation happy but happy nonetheless. I am alive and I get to keep my wife, two wonderful things. Although, as pointed out, there may be a really nice fishing pole in the offing. I can't begrudge her!

I took the ES-175 out this evening for the first time to play with somebody else. This is a guitar/bass duo and, boy howdy, does that sit nice in a mix like that. There is something about the ergonomics of the instrument that seems to make it a little easier to play jazz lines. I've never played "Round Midnight" better. The neck is just a little wider than most of my other guitars and somehow that seemed to help with the flow of musical ideas. The size and shape sit just a little differently in my lap than my 17" carvetop, a little more like the classical guitar neck up position and that seems to help too.

For years I have suspected that I've bought all these various guitars (Ibanez GB10, Cushman, Teles, Strat, etc.) to play jazz on when I really wanted the ES-175 sound. My suspicion may have been correct. Continued research is necessary.

User Info Menu

Funny coincidence- my ES-175 was built on my wife's birthday in 2005.