The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

A Barber Barb EQ in front of a neutral amp like an Henriksen can emulate a Fender blackface clean sound (a Twin) in a "good enough" way. Modern digital modelers will yeld much better results, but they're not "analog" in the way you want.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I much prefer the milkman over the quilter amps I've tried (super block, 101, aviator) simply because they have a fuller sound. I have not tried the Mach 3 but that also seems like a great amp based on reviews I've heard from credible players.

I'm not really tempted by any other solid state amp since trying the milkman.”

I agree about the milkman 100. It has a superb clean tone. I’ve never used a quilter, I compare it to the tone master deluxe and twin and the UA dream, and it beats them. I wouldn’t give up either tone master because I like carrying around real good amps with good speakers with one hand. But my favorite clean amp is a new addition, an Amplified Nation, steel string singer, 100 watt head. It’s incredibly good, endless, headroom, and amazing tones. No solid-state amp I’ve ever heard can duplicate it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstove
    I much prefer the milkman over the quilter amps I've tried (super block, 101, aviator) simply because they have a fuller sound. I have not tried the Mach 3 but that also seems like a great amp based on reviews I've heard from credible players.

I'm not really tempted by any other solid state amp since trying the milkman.”

I agree about the milkman 100. It has a superb clean tone. I’ve never used a quilter, I compare it to the tone master deluxe and twin and the UA dream, and it beats them. I wouldn’t give up either tone master because I like carrying around real good amps with good speakers with one hand. But my favorite clean amp is a new addition, an Amplified Nation, steel string singer, 100 watt head. It’s incredibly good, endless, headroom, and amazing tones. No solid-state amp I’ve ever heard can duplicate it.
    I shouldn't think so! Comparing a SS amp to a SSS type amp- I guess we know who's going to win that one!

Congrats, they look like great amps.

User Info Menu

What a difference an S can make!

User Info Menu

An old Randall combo before the metal machines is a development of the Fender SS circuits, they sound great, very tube like

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bluejaybill
    I shouldn't think so! Comparing a SS amp to a SSS type amp- I guess we know who's going to win that one!

Congrats, they look like great amps.
    Thanks. Amplified Nation is highly recommended. I got their overdrive reverb 50 watt last year to be the blues/rock amp for my studio. Its great. But I really loved the SSS personally for playing my songs and finally let myself get it. I got the ODR with a 1x12 celestion creamback cab. I got a mesa head tracker allowing switching the 2 amps to the same cabinet which also switches the effects loop. This becomes a “3 channel” amp. Channel 1 the super clean SSS, channel 2 the clean ODR channel which gets great near break up, channel 3 the overdrive ODR channel which actually cascades from its clean channel. Heavenly.