The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 18 of 18

User Info Menu

Can you identify these guitar strings?-8084fe57-e3cc-490e-99c9-3f58dba1bd6e-jpeg

can you identify these flats strings?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Yes. Left to right, E A D G B E.

Sorry. Can't help myself.

User Info Menu

Or possibly DADGAD. There are multiple possibilities.

User Info Menu

I think Eastmans all used to ship with a Korean-made purple wrapped string, before they switched to D'Addairos...at least I think I remember reading that somewhere. So weird what you remember sometimes.

User Info Menu

Argentine "New Concept" strings by Savarez have a purple silk winding.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by enalnitram
    They do (and it might be the lighting, but the purple looks lighter than the ones I have on my guitars), and the strings are not the same silvery color of the Argies. These look more like flats to me, but I'm not 100% sure on that. But I don't think they are Argies.

User Info Menu

I thought of that, but those aren't flatwound. The .010s are purple, the .011s are red.

I mean not the gauges but the brand

User Info Menu

Maybe Pyramid?

User Info Menu

La Bella?
    (I remember La Bella Jazz Flats were blue wrapped).

User Info Menu

Between those options or Ernie Ball Cobalts, it's got to be one of those.

no. Labella are blue

User Info Menu

Maybe Pyramid?
    Yep.
    Pyramid Fusion Flats have a purple winding at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by bluenote61
    Yep.
    Pyramid Fusion Flats have a purple winding at the end.
    nope is pink

User Info Menu

Can you identify these flatwound guitar strings? - MOD WIGGLER

WUT?!

If what is happening here, is you want to find a set of strings similar to what you once had years ago, then I think the reality is very likely one of two possibilities.

(1) Like Jeff said, Eastmans were once shipped with a Korean made string with a purple end wrap. Good luck finding those.

(2) check out Ernie Ball cobalt flatwounds. They once were (and might still be) wrapped with a purple like that, on some sets. You might like them.
    Last edited by enalnitram; 03-05-2024 at 04:11 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by archtopdream63
    no. Labella are blue
    My LaBellas are purple to my eyes but those wraps in the picture are more like a violet.

User Info Menu

Pretty sure those are Pyramids? I just cycled through a set of flats while new guitar string experimenting, and they look very similar. Same purplish/violet wrap on all 6 strings, and the slightly bumpy "organic" texture to them. Labellas are super smooth, like glass, and a darker purple....at least on the 12 53 set I have used.

User Info Menu

Rendering colors properly via photos over the internet is problematic at best. The software and the monitor show slightly different colors, and it's possible through software settings to make them very different. In short, it's not possible to know the exact hue of the original strings, therefore difficult, if even possible, to know the brand.