Some time ago I made a post in the For Sale section about a coming 10" cab. I've now gotten hold of Jensen's new Silverbird 10 (50W) speakers. The attached short video clip (by my son Tuomas Pietinen) shows the new Toob 10E in action at the Ainoa shopping center in Espoo, Finland. It's iPhone quality and cut for Instagram, so you will just get an idea of the tone. The guitarist, Eero Dunkel, is willing to make more in-depth demo clips for us, but finding the time and place is always difficult.

Eero is a second-generation jazz musician, a graduate from the Helsinki Pop-Jazz Conservatory who now continues at the Sibelius Academy's Jazz Dept. He's been accepted to complement his studies, at some point, under Jesse van Ruller in Amsterdam. I have supported him since 2022 with a couple of speaker cabinets (Toob 12J and Metro 6.5BG.) I also lent him a Quilter SuperBlock US amp until he got his own. The other members of the trio, Oliver Karttunen (BS) and Kasper Halttunen (DRS) are equally talented and merited despite being in their early 20's. Jazz is not dead!

TOOB 10E is a compact, open-back version of the original 12J, but 30 mm shorter and lower-set for stability. "E" stands for Essence and Economy. Thanks to more frugal appointments (wire leg, cloth grill, plastic handle) and the ceramic-magnet speaker, I can offer this version for substantially less than the 12" originals. The cab weighs a tad under 4 kg/9 lbs and, thanks to the speaker's 96.5 dB sensitivity, can get seriously loud. Another perfect companion for the Quilter SuperBlocks.

Interested? Send me a PM!

Eero Dunkel Trio @ Ainoa Shopping Mall 2.3.2024youtube.com