The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Just wanted to post a pic of my Novax guitar with a new pickup: a Bare Knuckle "Half Note" P-90, with custom "brushed nickel" cover! [The original pickup was black plastic; I wanted a different vibe!]

Ever since Steve Holst recommended a Bare Knuckle pickup for the archtop he built for me, I've purchased several other pickups from BK for different guitars. They're in the UK and I'm in the western States; the transactions have been easy, and the shipments quick and painless! The last two orders, too, have been with custom covers, and their customer service has been fantastic! The sound is wonderful, of course - hence the multiple purchases! [Two of my four current guitars have BK P-90s -- I dig 'em!]

Highly recommended for anyone looking at pickup replacements (or a new build)!

NPD (New Pickup Day) - Bare Knuckle P-90!-novax-bkp90-jpg
    NPD (New Pickup Day) - Bare Knuckle P-90!-novax-bkp90-close-jpg
    NPD (New Pickup Day) - Bare Knuckle P-90!-novax-bkp-90-brushed-jpg

Marc

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Wow. That's some guitar. I've got a Bareknuckles humbucker in my Eastman AR371 and it sounds pretty good to me. I'd like to hear the P90.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

That's good to hear - just ordered a BK Half Note dogear for my Archtop Tribute 175. Hoping to get some of that sweetness in the highs like an old Gibson P90.

User Info Menu

That’s one helluva guitar! Would love to hear it…

User Info Menu

Wow, what an axe! Telecaster made by a cubist!

BKP makes nice pickups. I have Mule hymbuckers in my LP at the moment. Open, bright and dynamic.

User Info Menu

Beautiful guitar! I've got the Bare Knuckles "Manhattan" p90 in humbucker housing in my Trenier...it's wonderful.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Herbie
    Wow, what an axe! Telecaster made by a cubist!

BKP makes nice pickups. I have Mule hymbuckers in my LP at the moment. Open, bright and dynamic.

Never heard that one before, but thanks!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woodstove
    Beautiful guitar! I've got the Bare Knuckles "Manhattan" p90 in humbucker housing in my Trenier...it's wonderful.

Right on! Here's mine!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Right on! Here's mine!
    Nice!!! My Trenier is also a 16 incher.