The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I am mostly content to be a lurker here, been wanting at least one example of Kalamazoo's glory days to enjoy in retirement and feel very fortunate to recently end up with two. The 225 came from an independent music store in Lemoyne PA, the 175 came from forum member Easy2grasp and appeared here once before when he first got it. BTW if Easy2grasp has a guitar for sale that you might be interested in, he is a terrific person to buy a guitar from, his friendliness and knowledge were much appreciated. I think he still has some non-175's for sale on Reverb. These are both mostly original, in great condition and wonderful players; a testament to Gibson craftsmanship and the care of previous owners. Coincidentally both these models appear side by side on page 9 of Gibson's 1958 catalog which I did not know before getting them.
    Attached Images Attached Images 1956 ES-225T and 1958 ES-175D-2kal11-jpg 1956 ES-225T and 1958 ES-175D-2kal7-jpg 

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

VERY cool! Me like 'em both! Congrats!

User Info Menu

Great scores especially the 175. I’ve got a blonde one 1957 and it is absolutely killer.

User Info Menu

Nice guitars. I have a 1959ES-225T and it is a great guitar. Enjoy both!!
    Thanks John

User Info Menu

What a stunning pair! Congrats!

User Info Menu

Very cool! Congratulations! I can almost hear those two swapping stories about the good old days in the Kalamazoo of their youth. Kinda like a couple of boomers on a jazz guitar forum somewhere, lol...

(My own 1958 ES-225 looks like a twin sister who drank a bit too much, and ended up just a little worse for wear. Alas, my dream vintage ES-175 is but a modern H-575--cleaner, newer, stronger, sure--but loved no less at my house. ;-)

Here's to another 65 years of good music.

User Info Menu

I'm so happy for you as your ES-175D is a great guitar and I proved to myself that I could live with only five ES-175's. That was my only 175D and with the rare and excellent Epi/Gibson tuners. Maybe I shouldn't have sold it. But who better to have it than Geunther? His collection jumped off the page of the 1958 Gibson catalog! So cool!
    1956 ES-225T and 1958 ES-175D-7a39a19f-3cd1-4268-b5be-1a7db8bf7f1a_1_201_a-jpeg