The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Pilot light went out, no sound. Won't power on - however a red light on the underside of the chassis flashes.
    Had to do the rest of the gig through the PA which sounded less than optimal....

Has anyone else had this happen with their Tonemaster amp? Mine is about 4 years old.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Here's someone who had the same problem (known problem to Fender) and got it fixed.
    Fender Tone Master failure | Blues Guitar Unleashed Member ForumGood luck.

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamScott
    Here's someone who had the same problem (known problem to Fender) and got it fixed.
    Fender Tone Master failure | Blues Guitar Unleashed Member ForumGood luck.
    Thank you for that.

We don't have many amp techs where I live (Tasmania, Australia) but hoping someone around here can fix it.

User Info Menu

Entresz, anyone with minimal skills can replace a failed diode, you should not have a problem finding an amp tech. Failing that any radio / TV repairman can easily do it.

Update on this: amp is fixed now.

Power supply diode failed. It unfortunately took out two of the main boards in the amp.

Even though the amp was outside of its warranty period, Fender Australia provided replacement boards. I only had to pay a modest fee for the labour at the repair shop.

Apparently the replacement diode is improved/revised and such a failure is not likely to occur again.