The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Posts 51 to 62 of 62
    I have solved this issue. I am making something and when I finish it I will take some pictures to show yous guys.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Here it is. Works a treat.
    Attached Images Attached Images Tool to disassemble recessed Gibson selector switch-17116597101463857364024115851745-jpg 

Sorry I did not know how to change the orientation of the shot.

And I am still able to use the socket. Ha ha.

User Info Menu

As the old saying goes, there are many ways to skin a cat. Whatever gets the job done. I'm having trouble visualizing how that works, though.

Edit: The out of focus photo had me confused, I think. At first the features on the end looked to be cut into the socket, but maybe the end has been ground down and they're sticking out. It's hard to tell for sure from that photo. I'm going to assume they're projecting out, otherwise they don't make sense to me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell
    I'm having trouble visualizing how that works, though.
    So do I. No clue how that will work without any further explanation. Also the out of focus picture makes it hard to understand.
    Sorry to say that, but I think many here are curious to see how you solved the issue.

User Info Menu

Is the hole in the side to accept a T bar? if so, should it be at the other end?
    Also is the bore of the tube big enough to fit over the switch and threaded part?
    The bore looks small relative to the outside diameter (which has to fit into to recess of the grommet).
    The principle looks great BTW.

User Info Menu

I think the cutout we see is a ridge. Hopefully OP comes back.

Anyway, you take off the switch knob put the socket down onto the nut and twist. I cut slots in the base of a socket and drove two pieces of feeler gage material into the slots, cleaned it up. Those two teeth fit perfectly into the two slots.
    Attached Images Attached Images Tool to disassemble recessed Gibson selector switch-img_20240329_102617_863-jpg 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by timsmcm
    Anyway, you take off the switch knob put the socket down onto the nut and twist. I cut slots in the base of a socket and drove two pieces of feeler gage material into the slots, cleaned it up. Those two teeth fit perfectly into the two slots.
    Very neat. Can I buy one?!

I could have just ground down the top of the socket and had some small teeth, but there is much more meat in the base. So I cut slots (smaller than the feeler material) and drove that stuff in over a 1/4 inch in. Not coming out unless you take a hamer and punch. Teeth fit perfectly in the slots in the nut on guitar. When you put the tool on the nut there is no slop its tight. Will keep the nut pretty. Beats whining about not having a tool.

User Info Menu

OK, now I see how it was done. That photo is much clearer. All of what I thought I saw in the first one was wrong. Again, whatever gets the job done.