The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'm looking into a high quality but small and compact cab to run a quilter superblock through for small gigs. If anyone would like to share any knowledge or experience they may have with the above mentioned models I'd appreciate hearing from you. Cheers

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I've owned two NY8 cabs. They were superb. They like a lot of power but they sound great, project well, and provide a lot of performance in a small package.

User Info Menu

Dockblock will be lighter. RE will be better made and better sounding. Up to you to determine the best trade off for you. Sometimes I’m willing to trade off my preferred sound for convenience.

User Info Menu

Toob, of course, or a direct challenger of RE would be a RevSound 1x8. All great options!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    Toob, of course, or a direct challenger of RE would be a RevSound 1x8. All great options!
    I have an SBUS and all of these cabs - RE 10”, RevSound RS8, Toob Metro and Toob 10. Choosing among them is Sophie’s Choice. But I could live happily with any of them.

The RE has the biggest sound and is the best balanced. The RS8 is a bit less efficient but within a hair of the RE in sound quality. The Metro has a little less bottom and is a tad less open and less efficient, while the Toob 10 is more efficient and a bit better balanced top to bottom than the RS8. But I’ve gigged with all of them and could get along fine with any as my only speaker for guitar. Throw in bass and the basic Metro is a clear last but not by much. The Metro BG may be a bit behind for low bass at higher volumes, but it’ll do for bass on low volume or sound reinforced gigs.