The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'm just curious if anyone else has a Vintage 47 amp?

I have a "Twin Supreme" Octal amp with Baltic Birch cab, 2 6x9 speakers, 15 watts.
    Point to point hand wired circuit. And no, I'm not selling it.

Doug

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I'd love to try their VA-185! [I'm from their neck of the woods in Southern California; next time I'm visiting family, I want to contact them to see if I could stop by!]

User Info Menu

The VA-185 is on my wish list!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marcwhy
    I'd love to try their VA-185! [I'm from their neck of the woods in Southern California; next time I'm visiting family, I want to contact them to see if I could stop by!]

They are in San Pedro.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David B
    The VA-185 is on my wish list!
    Good wish! :-)

The only drawback is that he uses Baltic Birch Plywood, which is heavy. Non of this crummy chip board/ pressboard.
    Last edited by Doug B; 01-25-2024 at 10:29 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Doug B
    They are in San Pedro.
    Yep - I'm from Seal Beach!

User Info Menu

Had a few. They don't sound like any vintage amps I've owned. They're a great bargain for handwired amps, but I've never been impressed with the sound.

User Info Menu

I used to own one, they're great! For small gigs, old school swing style, excellent choice! I never owned a real vintage Gibson one, so can't tell if they are really authentic sounding or not. But then again, do i care? Nooope, not in a slightest, they sound great and close enough is good enough for me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hep To The Jive
    I used to own one, they're great! For small gigs, old school swing style, excellent choice! I never owned a real vintage Gibson one, so can't tell if they are really authentic sounding or not. But then again, do i care? Nooope, not in a slightest, they sound great and close enough is good enough for me.

Sounds very "vintage" to me!