The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I was looking at loopers thinking mine was pretty outdated but maybe not. I don't use it much these days, but it is a Boss RC-20XL I have had for years. I just assumed it was really out of date and the new stuff much better. I realize when this came out it was considered one of better loopers with plenty of recording time. My question is if a Ditto2 or 4 or even the simpler Boss RC-1 is a better pedal. Seems they might not have all the features but possibly the sound quality is much superior? Can someone tell me who has used them or knows? They are asking more for used ones than the curreny new ones with less features.

At this point I am looking for simplicity and just want to make a loop of chords to play and solo against. I have a gigs coming up for solo playing and thinking of using a looper to break up the monotony just plying solo. I don't see a need for saving things as such or do fancy multiple loops. The only concern I have and it does happen even with this looper is getting perfect loop in time. If you use the click then you can but just getting a loop in time with no hiccups can be tricky.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I guess if you don't use the more "crazy" part of the looper, I don't see much point in upgrading. Maybe newer pedals will have better ADA converters, but the ones in the RC-20XL are probably fine already. I would certainly NOT change to a one footwswitch looper, I find them much harder to operate, especially considering you gig with the pedal.