The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Anyone know the difference between the oval hole AR800 and the AR804? From what I can tell, they are both oval hole, spruce/maple, with the nice rosette.

Eastman AR804 -- Guitars 'n Jazz

Eastman AR800 2005 Honey | Reverb

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

I found this, but frankly I don't know what it means (or if it's true): "The Uptown AR804 is similar to the Uptown AR800 but features the suspended neck preferred by many Jazz players."

Ah, it probably means the end of the 800 fingerboard is flush with the top. That’s important info, thanks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    Ah, it probably means the end of the 800 fingerboard is flush with the top.
    Or alternatively that the strap button is fixed to the neck so you can suspend it from there

Who wrote that bit about "suspended neck"? I too read that as "suspended/floating fretboard extension"; AFAIK the neck is only suspended when you hang the guitar from the headstock...

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB
    Or alternatively that the strap button is fixed to the neck so you can suspend it from there

Who wrote that bit about "suspended neck"? I too read that as "suspended/floating fretboard extension"; AFAIK the neck is only suspended when you hang the guitar from the headstock...
    Unless you play really badly in a school jazz ensemble performance, then YOU get suspended.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound
    then YOU get suspended.
    Heh, by the neck? Now that'd be something

Does make me wonder what a lynched neck design would look like!