The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

1962, 5F1 circuit. Pretty much untouched and still like new after all these years.

I Had My Little Fender Champ Out...-champ-1-jpg

I Had My Little Fender Champ Out...-champ-3-jpg
    I Had My Little Fender Champ Out...-champ-4-jpg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Dear God, that thing is like a time capsule. What a beautiful amp.

User Info Menu

One of the cleanest vintage tweeds I've ever seen. Maybe THE cleanest.

User Info Menu

Gorgeous little amp! I have had two tweed amps that were clean like that, an '60 Bassman (found it in a closet of a mom and pop music store in Brooklyn many years ago), and a '59 Super. Both glorious amps, and sadly both now gone.

Here's a pic of the Super with a '57 strat I owned at the same time.

I Had My Little Fender Champ Out...-57-strat-super-jpg

User Info Menu

@icr I can only imagine how amazing your beautiful little Champ sounds!

My first amp back in the day, was a blackface Vibro Champ. Fast forward almost 60 years and I bought a used one to replace it.

Last year I found a slightly used 'reissued' Tweed Champ. OMG, what an amazing little beast! I've never heard a REAL tweed Champ before.

If your vintage Tweed Champ sounds anything like (or better than) the recent reissues, you've got a real winner.

Play it in good health.

User Info Menu

So how does it sound? I bet you know exactly how to elicit its best!

User Info Menu

I will admit I only play the tweed Champ occasionally these days as it is more of a museum piece. I also have a blackface Champ that is more of a general user. Many components in the blacface one have been upgraded or replaced (including the speaker) to make it more reliable as a useable amp. I made a female 1/4" to RCA adapter so I can plug this one into a 2x12 cabinet where it sounds best.
    I Had My Little Fender Champ Out...-blackface-champ-jpg

User Info Menu

@icr.

Ha! My Silverface Vibro Champ is connected to an old Gibson 2x10 (CTS AlNiCo) cab and it sounds amazing!

User Info Menu

Tweed Champs are wonderful!

My main amp is a Victoria 518 which is a tribute to the Champ and it's the best amp I've owned.