The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Posts 1 to 15 of 15

User Info Menu

I thought this was quite an eye opener. It's just my standard Chrome XL 10 to 48's. I think I like this. Maybe even a lot.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Very interesting, as Arte Johnson was wont to say.

What pickup do you have in that Martin? I'd also be interested to hear how it sounds acoustically...

User Info Menu

Remarkably sparkly. Cool.

User Info Menu

Maybe one of these? Jim, help us out!

Attached Images Attached Images My Martin with Chrome Flatwounds-martinem18-jpg 

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammertone
    Maybe one of these? Jim, help us out!

Did they really build that monstrosity???????????

This is mine. It's a MIM GPC-11E. Great value for $1000 US or $1450 CDN. All solid woods and a Fishman pickup system and internal tuner. Love the Richlite fingerboard.

My Martin with Chrome Flatwounds-martingpc-11e-firstphoto-jpg

User Info Menu

That’s a bargain. It had to be an electric-acoustic I think: on a solid it’d sound more muffled.
    This sounds like close to the perfect marriage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ukena
    Very interesting, as Arte Johnson was wont to say.

What pickup do you have in that Martin? I'd also be interested to hear how it sounds acoustically...
    The pickup is a Fishman MX-T. I find it to be pretty good especially considering that this is a relatively low end model guitar. Very simple to use as well. As for the acoustic sound, I don't own any microphones so I can't help much on that front. It came with Martin Phosphor Bronze strings. I tried some lighter silk and steel strings next and now my Chrome lights. Regardless of the strings the voice of the guitar tends more to sweet and balanced than loud. That probably has at least something to do with how I play but the OM style body and the Sapele (basically African mahogany) back and sides would naturally tend in that direction. I also have it tuned down a full step so that reduces the tension (and the volume) even more.

User Info Menu

Good to know Jim. Your sound is great.

I bought a 2012 Martin OM-21 from Jack Zucker quite a while ago and I might try the flats. I don't normally play flat wound, but through the years I've accumulated a small inventory of them mostly from gifting by other players or by me thinking that I should give them a try, and it's never worked out. If it works out then I'll have a use. The OM plays nice and great guitar. Getting a guitar set up by JZ certainly helps!

User Info Menu

I like that sound alot too, Jim!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eck
    It had to be an electric-acoustic I think
    Martin only build acoustics AFAIK.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB
    I've never seen the solid body that was posted but they did build (or at least brand and sell) a line of electric archtops in the 1960's.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RJVB
    Behold the C. F. Martin EM-18 (1979 - 1982)

User Info Menu

Love it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by spencer096
    Love it
    Thanks. The strings really have made it an incredibly enjoyable instrument for me. It's been getting pretty much all of my playing time since i made the switch. I have a very rare gig coming up in a few weeks and I'm seriously considering using the Martin. That would make it my first gig with an acoustic guitar in about 40 years.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
    Did they really build that monstrosity???????????
    I rather like it!