The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 34 of 34
    joelf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RJVB
    Careful what you wish for, their usual abbreviation for "exercise" is "chores", not chords
    Yeah, we all pay in one way or another...

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

joelf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    eventually led to the Metro range.

In my PM I just reminded Joelf that in a previous post, long ago, he did specify it was the amp bought together with the cab that he did not like. (I won't name the amp, which the previous owner did not like either, and of which I have no personal experience.)
    I didn't remember that, so sorry for that too.

Though I frankly wish you hadn't dredged my insensitive comments up publicly. Makes me feel bad and embarrasses me, especially the 'soulless and muddy' part. Should have been addressed in a PM. Especially since I've now publicly apologized twice.

Would you consider editing out that part of your post, please? I'd appreciate that, and in turn pledge to delete this...

User Info Menu

Joelf, I'm sorry this had to happen, and I wish I had restrained myself. But what exactly am I to apologize for? The very words you want me to edit out are found in your previous posts on this Forum. I did send you a PM in a constructive spirit. You made it public without specifics, making me sound dubious to say the least. Peer pressure forced me to state my case. What else could I have done, having failed to ignore you one more time? We are not posting to be ignored, are we?

I do have a financial stake to defend. But that's secondary to thousands of work hours without pay and 16,000 e-mails received and answered in the night, all contributing to a reputation of good products and service. I'm 77 and my life can only improve if I decide to quit. After this episode, I just might. My wife would be the first to thank you, Joelf.
    Last edited by Gitterbug; 12-12-2023 at 05:14 PM.

User Info Menu

You are both very fine People

(On the internet it is VERY easy for communication
    to go wrong)

VERY !

Can I suggest we shake hands and move onward ....

Happy Christmas

Ps sorry I said 'very' a lot then
    oooops just did it again

joelf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gitterbug
    Joelf, I'm sorry this had to happen, and I wish I had restrained myself. But what exactly am I to apologize for?
    I didn't say 'apologize'. I asked politely if you'd edit out the reposting of my negative comments.

For 3 reasons, other than what I already broached:

1: Simply b/c I asked you to, after publicly and privately expressing regret and apologizing. We're both gentlemen wanting to do right.
    2. B/c I think it's just in the spirit of mending fences.
    3. In your own self-interest, since as you stated you have a financial interest in this, so posting a negative comment about your product would not be the best thing to do.

OK, I'm done with this, not knowing what else to do or write, except that there's nothing wrong with Toob or yourself, but there was with me.

And I certainly hope you don't quit over something as meaningless as this!

joelf Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by pingu
    Can I suggest we shake hands and move onward ...
    I'm all for that...

User Info Menu

I have known Joel through his posts going back to the rec.music.makers.jazz.guitar newsgroup and through his time on this form. Joel has always been a guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. He's a veteran of the music scene and somebody whose opinion I respect.

I've known Markku/Gutterbug just through his posts on the forum here. I think he has done really interesting things with speaker cabinet design, coming up with something that is not like anything else on the market. In all of his posts, he's very honest and will call out his own potential conflict of interest with regularity. I have a ton of respect for him, as well.

I think both of them are gentlemen. Communicating through text on the Internet, which strips away all of the nonverbal aspects of communication which add so much meaning, is rife with potential for misunderstanding. And then those misunderstandings can become amplified all too readily. Like everyone on the thread, I hope they and the rest of us can move forward.

User Info Menu

Now I do apologize for misunderstanding Joel's plea. A sentence has been removed from my post. I'm more than willing to archive the case, bury the hatchet and shake hands with him.

Joel, I'm a hopeless amateur as guitar player. You must be leagues and leagues above, and that alone instils a respect that exceeds the emotional turbulence that I hope is now over for both of us. Living an ocean apart, with clocks set 7 hours ahead of yours and struggling to find the right hues in a language that isn't my native - all this creates minute cultural differences and practical issues like being asleep when the Forum action is at its hottest. Probably this has saved me from a gaffe or two!

Finally, the Forum's selection of icons could be complemented with one exclaiming "Commercial", "Vested Interest" or just "Caveat". I'd be OK using it instead of a verbal disclaimer, but only when I'm wearing my commercial hat. I've been a Member since 2009 and that hat made its appearance in 2017.

joelf Guest
    OK, so it's over with, and hear hear.

Only thing left: make-up sex.

(Not. really.) (;