The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 31 of 31

User Info Menu

I had a 12LA which I sold. And then I missed it so much I got another one! This one’s not for sale sorry.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Understandable! Do you have any experience with this speaker? Ascension A60 I know you tried many good speakers in a Princeton type amp. What I'm looking for is a not so-modern, Fender style Alnico speaker that definitely won't break up (like the Jupiter 12LC) but with less sparkle high-mids. Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by PAG; 12-20-2023 at 04:39 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PAG
    Hi All, I got my money back today (at least almost the full amount, may it be less due to the conversion rate, plus since Tube-Town didn't take responsibility, so I had to revoke the purchase I payed for the return shipping). What is quite incredible, however, that the speaker I sent back - and which was unequivocally classified as defective by Jupiter - is available again at the webshop (4 piece instead of 3), so someone will buy it...
    PAG, to avoid any sort of tube-town bashing, here my 2c.

In case returned items will be sold again by the seller, they will usually be sold as "B-stock" due to potential visible marks of pre-use. In any case there are marks on the speaker frame around the mounting holes from the screws or in some case also on the cable connectors if the speaker had been installed (what I had read in this thread).

If the number of available items has raised the same time as your return shipping arrived back at the shop, it might be that it is your return item, but as said it might be only. Is this your assumption or did the seller told you that?

I'm not affiliated with tube-town or in any relationship to them other than I'm a long time customer. Why I responded to your thread? Because I think we shall stay on ground however this speaker issue was an annoying process for you.

I wish you all the best after that trouble and hopefully you will have a better experience with your next purchase, from where ever it will be.

User Info Menu

I don’t think the ascension will sound great in a Princeton if you are looking for an American voice. A great speaker for a Princeton if you want a traditional American sound is the Jensen blackbird 40. Fortunately it’s made in Europe so I’m sure it’s easier to try than jupiters. The Jensen p12n is also probably worth a shot though I haven’t personally tried it. The p12n is essentially what the Jupiter 12LA is modeled on.

User Info Menu

Then, staying completely on the ground. The facts:

1. I'm a professional musician who has been making a living from music (playing, teaching, researching) for 30 years.
    2. Obviously you don't work for Tube-Town because then I wouldn't be able to communicate with you.
    3. They received four 12LA 50W speakers in 29 November 2023., which I waited several months for. I know for sure that they got only four pieces because, as soon as I received the notification, I checked the stock in the same day. On the top of that, I received a notification from GLS that the one I sent back had arrived. The next day 4 pieces were available again instead of three. I looked at it because I would have bought another one from them, despite the bad experience!
    4. It was Chris Young (who immediately responds to an inquiry!) from the side of Jupiter who, after listening to the sound samples I sent, confirmed in e-mail that the speaker is faulty: "Sorry you got a buzzing speaker, probably dropped in shipping. (...) To me is sounds like voice coil rub, if the frame is slightly bent it can rub. It can be difficult to see the bend if its slight but you can hear the canted coil rubbing." I wrote all this to Tube-Town in e-mail.
    5. The seller didn't offer a replacement speaker, since didn't admit that the one I had was bad. So I had to ship it back at my own expense.
    6. My sister lives in Germany and speaks German at a native level, but she didn't manage to communicate meaningfully with them either.
    7. No any indication is visible, that one of the four speakers would be "B" stock in the webshop. It can't be, because there's no sign that I tried the speaker. I used rubber washers and handled it with care, as I usually take care of my things. Anyway it is not "B" stock but defective without any visible marks.

Experiences with WGS/Jupiter speakers?-screenshot-2023-12-20-16-40-41-png

If case you are a long time customer of the seller, you maybe try asking them about all of this. I would be interested in their point of view! Of course, for that you have to be able to reach them in some way... It's terribly frustrating because so I can't buy one of the other speakers from them despite they have 3 likely perfect ones in stock!
    Last edited by PAG; 12-20-2023 at 12:58 PM.

User Info Menu

Thank you!
    Last edited by PAG; 01-27-2024 at 05:19 PM.