The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posts 76 to 82 of 82

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Alter
    I used the tech 21 sansamp blonde, which sounds like a fender amp, and to my ears is much better than anything digital.
    Blonde – Tech 21 NYC
    I think that, unfortunately, the Blonde - Tech 21 NYC is no more in production.
    I haven't seen it on their website.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_175
    Now updated as part of the Character Plus range:

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz_175
    The Joyo American Sound is a clone that is still available.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by John A.
    The Joyo American Sound is a clone that is still available.
    I have both, bought the Joyo as a backup. Pretty much indistinguishable. The Tech 21's switch feels more "solid," that's all...but if you use it as a preamp, you're not really stepping on it much.

User Info Menu

I'm not usually crazy about pedals, but to me they add a lot of character to henriksen amps, which are a more harmonically dry and less compressed than tube amps, which I prefer sonically.

One pedal that I've really liked with my Henriksens is the Wampler 65. They no longer make them but you can find them used. This pedal adds just a bit of grit and sag and adds a more Fender like tone stack, which helps address the my EQ gripes about Henriksen.

User Info Menu

Origen effects has some interesting stuff. I have the RevivalDrive. I would say it is impressive. I will also add that I can not get a SS amp to sound like a tube amp, and I have tried a bunch of pedals from almost the beginning of my playing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by David B
    Now updated as part of the Character Plus range:

I don't know about that middle button. It's been a long time...