The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 26 to 30 of 30

User Info Menu

ps - As a user of 15"ers, I've always wanted to try one of those.

Do I understand correctly that the "Lee Rit" version is the one with the single floater, and the plain "Signature" is the one with two full humbuckers?

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by Woody Sound

Do I understand correctly that the "Lee Rit" version is the one with the single floater, and the plain "Signature" is the one with two full humbuckers?
    Yes, as far as I can remember. In addition, the Lee Ritenour has some unique appointments, most notably frets over binding and a different pickguard and/or possibly the "fingers" tailpiece. (Some specimens have the regular L-5 tailpiece.)

User Info Menu

There was 2 of these brand new 2023’s with BJB pu’s and the standard L-5 tp for sale at House of Guitars for $11K. They sold immediately.

They still have a brand new ebony Wes L-5 for sale.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Minor Seven Flat Five
    Yes, as far as I can remember. In addition, the Lee Ritenour has some unique appointments, most notably frets over binding and a different pickguard and/or possibly the "fingers" tailpiece. (Some specimens have the regular L-5 tailpiece.)
    Also, I believe the "Signature" was introduced first in 2001, then the Lee Rit version in 2003. (Because Lee liked the original Sig.) At least that's what I've read.
    Last edited by Woody Sound; 11-29-2023 at 07:24 PM.

User Info Menu

All I know is that I want one ...

I had a chance to play the Lee Ritenour version and I liked it.

But have other priorities and I'm already up to my ears in Gibson archtops.