The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 25 of 201

User Info Menu

The cherry on top and the LAST hurrah.

Vinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-bc500528-56c3-4f00-a025-714f02fda8ae-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-30095904-3973-4861-b9ab-d36075c81035-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-1296fe00-6bf1-409f-a314-ce57f02a35c8-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-ad47b144-4a4a-43f6-86a9-3e3f34488e20-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-f00bb193-aaa5-4a2e-920e-f73288b4640a-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-6f358d8d-c119-46b5-938d-1c8eb2f2447f-jpeg

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Never say “last”!

User Info Menu

It is Vinny's last guitar until his next last guitar.

Mark is using some really nice looking rock maple for the neck. It will look sweet with the quilt. Note how tight the spruce grain is.

As Jimmy D’Aquisto used to say : it’s going to be a whopper :

Mark makes building your guitar a very fun ride.
    He is a treasure to the archtop world. Let’s hope we can squeeze another 10 years out of him.

User Info Menu

.......I just felt that particular use of ' last ' had a fordboding air to it.....

Or maybe ' definitive ', as in " That's all there is, there ain't gonna be no mo'. "

: )

User Info Menu

I am so glad my bro is going to be able to share the excitement of his very own Cameo with us.
    And how fitting, his last guitar will be his best and it is called, the Cameo..
    Bro, nobody deserves this more than you. You've been such a great guy to so many and an amazing friend to me personally.
    This is going to be a treat. I might have to get my dentists number handy, and make myself some popcorn!
    Enjoy Bro. You are the best.
    JD

User Info Menu

Pretty sure I've got a Cameo in that batch as well, mine will be Blueburst....

Quote Originally Posted by jaco1
    Yup Mark said 2 Cameo’s in this batch. A 1st. Used to be 1 every several years but now 1 almost every batch.

I remember Mark telling me he had the ability to make 10 Cameo’s.
    He told me the fretboard inlays were cut by a abalone master cutter in China.
    He had 10 sets. I don’t know what happens after that.

User Info Menu

Congratulations Vinny! I can’t wait to see it completed!

Top and back plates

Vinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-cb69830b-694f-48b2-9cb2-91323c4aec44-jpeg

User Info Menu

Vinny, I want to be you when I grow up . . .

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyv1k
    Top and back plates

Vinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-cb69830b-694f-48b2-9cb2-91323c4aec44-jpeg
    Wow, there’s a lot going on in the back plate! Ironically, and Mark probably know exactly what I mean, it looks a lot like natural banded Onyx. Onyx is the exact material that cameo’s (the jewelry) are carved from. To me, THAT is incredible.
    JD

User Info Menu

Natural onyx
    Attached Images Attached Images Vinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_0723-jpeg 

User Info Menu

Congrats Vinny ! Looking forward to seeing the build progress.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Wow, there’s a lot going on in the back plate! Ironically, and Mark probably know exactly what I mean, it looks a lot like natural banded Onyx. Onyx is the exact material that cameo’s (the jewelry) are carved from. To me, THAT is incredible.
    JD
    Actually, Joe, I thought jewelry cameos were only made from natural shell - didn't know about the Onyx type - but what a great coincidence!

User Info Menu

Just noticed this. Hooray! Looking forward to seeing this beast take shape.

User Info Menu

Nice! I can feel a tickle in my retirement savings ... may have to see about getting on Campellone's waiting list.

LOL

User Info Menu

I haven't been on the forum in some time. This is a great post! Vinny I am happy for you. Glad this Cameo is finally on track! So happy you share all these photos so we can enjoy the ride with you too Congratulations!

Doug

User Info Menu

Our World will be a better place with another M Campellone Cameo in it!!
    Looking forward to watching the build..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jaco1
    Great choice. I must admit I’m in sonic heaven when I play mine and forget about what it looks like - but sometimes I do just stare at it in wonder.

User Info Menu

Nice one Vinny. Must be a great experience to have a builder make you something and you can trust them implicitly.

Just sit back and relax.

Mark are you cutting two necks out of that block, or one?
    I’m assuming two.

User Info Menu

To be pedantic, Vinnie, last and latest are not synonyms.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Archie
    Nice one Vinny. Must be a great experience to have a builder make you something and you can trust them implicitly.

Just sit back and relax.

Mark are you cutting two necks out of that block, or one?
    I’m assuming two.
    I'll get two neck blanks out of that block -

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCampellone
    I'll get two neck blanks out of that block -
    An efficient use of time and wood. Thumbs up

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Archie
    An efficient use of time and wood. Thumbs up
    I get wood for necks in various dimensions, and I always try to get the best possible yield from every board - kinda funny, though - sometimes I go nuts trying to waste the least amount of wood, but I spend a lot of time figuring it out - efficient material-wise, but maybe not so efficient time-wise : )
    Vinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_8633_1-jpg