The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary
Reply to Thread Bookmark Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 51 to 75 of 201

User Info Menu

Honestly, even if you should find the teeniest evidence that Mark is human, even that will feel special. The instruments are that good.

The Jazz Guitar Chord Dictionary

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Max405
    Yeah, ya know bro I noticed that as I am sure everyone else has and I kept telling myself all of that gets sanded off.
    It takes balls to see your guitar being built, piece by piece. Balls I don’t have. I would rather not know what goes into it. I’d be staring at that spot constantly hoping the stain doesn’t reappear.
    What amazes me is all the extra work that goes into the crump.
    I’m happy for you bro. You are getting your cameo. It’s going to be amazing.
    JD
    Ha! Yeah, some people don't want to know how hot dogs are made, either : ) In building guitars, you go through a LOT of ugly duckling stages before finally ending up with a swan. Actually, the dissolved plastic squeeze-out from the gluing dries very quickly on the surface of the wood before it can penetrate - just a little scraping cleans it right up -

Vinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_8929-jpg

User Info Menu

Beautiful workmanship Mark ! Thanks for sharing pics of the build process.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk

SAAAWEEEEET !

Body complete. A double hump Cameo batch.

Vinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_0427-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_0426-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_0428-jpeg

User Info Menu

I would love to see a video of him cutting the dovetail joint and then when he sets the neck (hint, hint). Even just setting the neck. I assume he used titebond not hide glue?

User Info Menu

Vinny, I've had my special for a year and I play it every day! It's that good. I remember the anticipation. I'm excited for you brother! This is a masterpiece. Happy New Year!

The beginning of a great neck.

Vinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1814-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1813-jpeg

User Info Menu

That looks super Vinny. Can’t wait to see it carved. I really like the spacing of the stripes

The thing I remember from last year is that Mark has almost no time off over the break. This was confirmed not just by Mark himself but also the rate of progress (and build photos).

Enjoy the remainder of the build journey.

1 3/4 nut?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by deacon Mark
    I would love to see a video of him cutting the dovetail joint and then when he sets the neck (hint, hint). Even just setting the neck. I assume he used titebond not hide glue?
    Right, Titebond - I use urethane glue for gluing up the laminated neck blanks, but Titebond for just about everything else.

1-11/16 nut.

User Info Menu

I went wide (and deep). Ok I like big necks but also the thought of all that wood being shaved away was scary. It’s a solid neck for sure!

User Info Menu

I am sure Vinny is plotting to get another Campellone even as we are gushing over the birthing of his new guitar. Women coo over babies; men coo over guitars. Sorry, trite associations from a heteronormative binary age when such terms did not even exist except for binary in mathematics.

Mark should design one just for Vinny to out-Cameo the Cameo. It shall be called The Presidio.

Fretboards

Vinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1830-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1831-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1832-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1833-jpeg

User Info Menu

I think Mark should open his shop up for medical surgery. I have seen hospital surgical rooms that need to be this clean and neat. He has no binding shavings, no sawdust, no bottles of lacquer in various jars, no tools laying in all various angles, really it is dream someone wake me up.

User Info Menu

You don't often see it in the pics, but some operations are pretty messy - working with the plastic is the worst - when cutting, sanding or scraping, the dust and shavings have so much static charge they stick to everything - clean up is a real PITA : )

User Info Menu

I had to run bare copper grounding wire along the runs of my 6" ducting for my cyclone dust system because of the static. It's positively jolting otherwise, and can also be explosive.
    Also, I've been in some pretty dusty shops and seen the health consequences of it. A clean shop is a health and safety essential and I like my lungs. It's always good to see it be a priority especially with friends.

More neck progress

Vinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1835-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1834-jpeg

User Info Menu

There are details hidden in this guitar that shouldn’t be hidden.
    It’s a shame the truss assembly ends up sandwiched between the neck and the fretboard.
    Masterpiece.

User Info Menu

Joe,
    That's an idea I hadn't considered.
    Maybe instead of Ebony, use some clear layer on top. Can't imagine what it would be.
    Your use of that telescope looking out into the endless universe is expanding your mind my friend.
    Peace
    S

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skykomishone
    Joe,
    That's an idea I hadn't considered.
    Maybe instead of Ebony, use some clear layer on top. Can't imagine what it would be.
    Your use of that telescope looking out into the endless universe is expanding your mind my friend.
    Peace
    S
    Hahaa.. I doubt that would work but its a testiment to how finely detailed these guitars are.
    Those of you who have them, are very lucky.
    Thank You Sky.
    JD

Going to be a nice neck.

Vinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1841-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1840-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1839-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1838-jpegVinny’s Campellone Cameo begins-img_1837-jpeg

User Info Menu

Just breathtaking how precisely and cleanly he works.

User Info Menu

My next Campellone will be the Cameo as well. Mark just nailed my Deluxe and it surpassed all my expectations and seems to be getting more responsive after 2 years of solid playing.

Quote Originally Posted by WholeTone
    My next Campellone will be the Cameo as well. Mark just nailed my Deluxe and it surpassed all my expectations and seems to be getting more responsive after 2 years of solid playing.
    Yup - every year they sound better and better.